Lobo vs zoas, who wins

ntayler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I foolishly put some generic orange zoas at the bottom of the rock that my nice Australian Lobo is on. The zoas have spread fairly rapidly and will at some point soon get to the lobo.

Who wins the coral warfare when that happens? Don’t think I will be able to remove the lobo from the rock unless there is some trick to do that.

I’m irritated that I wedged the freebie zoas in there to begin with. I would assume the only way to get rid of them would be to remove the rock. But I don’t want to harm the lobo by trying to remove it. Hoping you’ll all tell me that the lobo will fend off the zoas and prevent them from encroaching:)

nautical_nathaniel

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The zoas themselves won't grow on the flesh of the lobo, but they may irritate it as they grow up the base of its skeleton. I would try to remove the zoas if possible, I usually go after mine with tweezers in a separate container outside of the tank. Make sure you wear protective clothing and equipment if you go this route and rinse off the rock with fresh saltwater once your done. As long as you do it quickly and avoid quick temperature and salinity changes, as well as not poking or prodding the Lobo, it should be fine.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 36 52.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.7%
Back