10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Longnose Filefish (Orangespotted Filefish) / Oxymonacanthus longirostris

skinz78-albums-r2r-fish-database-filefish-picture16514-scan0002.jpg

SCIENTIFIC NAME - Oxymonacanthus longirostris

COMMON NAME - Longnose Filefish (Orangespotted Filefish)

SIZE - 4.7" (12 cm)

MIN. AQUARIUM SIZE - 20 US Gal. (76 L)

FOODS AND FEEDING - Obligatory coral feeder, polyps of Acropora, live Brine shrimp. Feed min. 2 times a day.

REEF COMPATIBILITY - Will eat, nip, the polyps of small stony corals.

CAPTIVE CARE - Difficult to acclimate to captivity, sufficient supply of its natural food must be present at all times, keep only with docile tank mates, is not aggressive towards its tank mates, can be kept in small groups in medium sized tanks, males may show aggression towards each other. Supply branching corals live, dead, or fake, for the specimens to use during night or if threatened. This fish is not recommended except for the most advanced,expert hobbyist, usually will not accept substitute marine fare and will starve if its natural food is not available in adequate quantities.

ree F elipe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i would like so much get one of this, my question is.. how many or much SPS´s we must have, to this fish could live eating the polips whitout kill the corals, of course much bigger the reef is better, but, how much bigger?.
regards!!!

rgrking

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can't give them a constant supply of SPS to eat on, then please don't get them. There are to many that let these die. This is a very difficult species to keep.

Djtonton

Saltwater Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a orange spotted filefish and he is eating flake food and small shrimp. I was luckly enought that the pet store I bought him from was able to ween him off acros

Back