Looking for help

estebanb450

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a tank 50 gallons total water volume around 80 pounds of live rock my tank cracked out of the blue.
Story short

Now everything is in a low boy frag tank. Swapped the sump over and moved everything over. But now I have a issue of lots of live rock that won’t fit into the new system I have a 55 gallon drum that I have most of the Rock in with a power head. And heater for now. Would it be a wise idea to plum the drum into my system

I don’t want to buy a new tank since I’m building a 180 at the moment. So I don’t see a need for another tank since In a few months I’ll have the 180 running

Basically it’s going to go from the frag tank to the drum with all the live rock to the sump that has all my equipment. Than back up to the frag tank.

Or keep them 2 separate systems

Any help or input will be greatly appreciated.

Hitman

Reefing One Day @ A Time!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plumbing them together is a great idea and will help keep everything ready for your new tank. It will also help prevent a cycle on the new tank. You may get a mini cycle but that’s it.

OP
OP
E

estebanb450

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s what I figured did some research online and few people said it was a bad idea. Thanks

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 42.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 39 33.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back