Looking for the best fresh Michigan Apple Cider

Blackhawk Fan

Jedi Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The family just spent the morning picking apples in Galien, but they had no apple cider. My grandmother came along and was disappointed in this. Is there anyplace I can get some online? I'm looking for fresh farm style cider. Thanks!

Viva'sReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I took the liberty of calling my 3 favorite orchards near me for ya, and none of them ship. :(

I can always buy a gallon and freeze it for you and ship it to you, but I'm not sure if that will be very cost effective.

Do they not make Cider in Illinois at all? The three I called here, are all making fresh cider already

OP
OP
Blackhawk Fan

Blackhawk Fan

Jedi Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I appreciate that. There's cider here, but nothing like you guys have there. The best apples are from Michigan. :)

I found a place called Country Mill. they have a 1.5g jug of cider for $30 and that includes shipping. Sound reasonable?

Viva'sReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
ahhh we used to have the Best Hockey team too LOL ;)

WOW $30!! I guess with shipping it's not too bad for roughly 12 lbs of cider, but normally you can get a gallon of fresh cider for around $7. So figure 1.5 gallons is around $10, and $20 to ship.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Blackhawk Fan

Blackhawk Fan

Jedi Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys signed Bertuzzi again. I was disappointed that a classy orginization signed that scum bag the first time around, but why again? Yuk! You'll get used to second place in the central for the next 10 years. :D

Well the cider is for my grandmother and she's getting up there so it's just money ya know? It'll be worth every penny for her enjoyment of fresh Michigan apple cider. LOL!

Viva'sReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well the cider is for my grandmother and she's getting up there so it's just money ya know? It'll be worth every penny for her enjoyment of fresh Michigan apple cider. LOL!

I completely agree with you bud!! (on the "its only money" and "worth every penny for her enjoyment" part, NOT the we won't see 1st place in 10 years though :cry:)

OP
OP
Blackhawk Fan

Blackhawk Fan

Jedi Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:D
I'm just happy to have a team that can compete with you guys for a change. The last 15 years has been hell for me. Hopefully we can have a nice civil hockey thread when the season starts. I love hockey!

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.7%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 167 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back