looking for wavemaker

jimmybling31

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for a used wavemaker. any type. I have come to the conclusion any type of wavemaker will work for a tank set up as pretty much a frag tank. I am waiting a while before setting up a large display, so just looking for any used wavemaker. my price range just depends on what it is. for something like a controllable korillia set I would be willing to pay more or any of the nicer ones. I just want to buy used and save some cash for a nicer skimmer.

ironman

CRC Whipping Boy (round 2)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you have a sump and return pump just buy a squid and put it inline, cheap and works good

bkv1997

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run two of them and love them.... they only last about 18 to 24 months but for the price i haven't found anything better.

OP
OP
J

jimmybling31

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
where can you buy one. I can't find one. is it like what tommy is using? if it is I would run a closed loop for it.

OP
OP
J

jimmybling31

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok i see what you're talking about. I really would rather have something different from that. I would rather use multiple powerheads than use one of them. I have multiple powerheads right now to work with for it.

ironman

CRC Whipping Boy (round 2)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a wavemaster pro and it works good, but they arnt really cheap, about $130. I guess I dont know what exactly you are trying to do, but like I said if you have a return pump anyway coming from a sump it would be optimum to use a squid with two lockline returns pulsing back and forth. another option would be a seaswirl, which I also use and like.

OP
OP
J

jimmybling31

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the wavemaster was one of the ones I was looking at. I really liked it.

I don't have a big pump for the return. I only have maxijets. I was gonna use them til I got nicer pumps. I am setting up a bunch of small tanks in the garage with a 40breeder as a frag tank in it and a 60 cube as a little display, and a 29 gallon refugium and 55 gallon bin as a sump. I am gonna have a bunch of water moving from tank to talk. the 40 breeder is the only one i want to have waves in. the rest of them I want to just be normal setups without anything special.

Garth Schafluetzel

75 gal mixed tank in work
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey i have a wavemaster pro that i could part with maybe 100bucks give me a call anytime at 847-7664 i live right off the s curvs

bkv1997

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok i see what you're talking about. I really would rather have something different from that. I would rather use multiple powerheads than use one of them. I have multiple powerheads right now to work with for it.

And you said I was the one that always had to have the best stuff.....

:tongue:

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 123 43.0%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 98 34.3%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 45 15.7%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 15 5.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.7%
Back