• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Looking to upgrade

Tylerc33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone. I currently have a 75 gallon tank and looking to upgrade a few items. I’m looking to upgrade my sump tank my return pump and wave makers.

I am looking at getting the Ventra s2 return pump and the VorTech mp40. If anyone has any of this for sale or something similar let me know. Thank you

Mhart032

Stick Head
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might think about going a bigger return. Its something you can take tank to tank if you upgrade again, but also comes in handy when considering flow in the display and turn over for the entire tank. The great thing about DC pumps is the ability to tune it down for what your current needs are, in a lot of cases a good return flow back into the tank will help down the road with less power heads in the tank by directing the flow how you see fit. just my thoughts.

Mhart032

Stick Head
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Vectras are good pumps as well as, The new sponsor Sicce makes good pumps too, loads of people like the Neptune Core and Reef Octo Varios pumps. I like the Vectras, i think your on the right track, but this is definitely a topic that should be researched, so many people will say this brand and that brand.

For me.. Ive used a couple brands, i really like the Sicce brands pumps, but i like a company that sticks to one thing and does it well. being that its the life support of the tank, this is one place i try not to be on the cheaper end I use the Abyzz but they are not cheap at all, but honestly they are one of if not the best, but like i said there is a price tag with that, i dont know that i would recommend going out and getting one right off the bat, when another pump can be just as good and that money could be used somewhere else on fish or corals or other upgrades.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 16 57.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.6%
Back