MACE - Marine Aquarium Conference of Europe 2016

Tony Vargas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
csm_KF387-004_8ab56f8ebf WM.jpg

It is my distinct pleasure to introduce the event of 2016, an event that has been in the making for quite some time. The phenomenon that many in Europe and throughout the world have been waiting for has finally become a reality. The inaugural Marine Aquarium Conference of Europe (MACE, pronounced as Mac-ee) will be hosted in Rimini Italy at the Rimini Fiera convention center.

Devoted European and Asian reef aficionados have hungered for an event of this magnitude and now it’s in their backyard. This event will also be enjoyed by many of the countries at are infected with the reefing bug, such as the Americans, Australians, and South Africans. MACE is proudly sponsored by ASD PETSITALY.

PetsItaly Logo.jpg

Well, the wait is over and on the 18th and 19th of June 2016 the beautiful town of Rimini will welcome people from all over the world for this historic event.

Hobbyist weren’t alone in their request for a mega event in Europe, many of the industry’s top manufactures have been asking for this type of gathering. Manufactures have always considered face time or one on one interaction with their customers valuable. These exchanges can influence brand loyalty, product knowledge, new product awareness and better customer satisfaction. When a manufacture can sit one on one with the end user the results are immeasurable and the respect gathered by the customer for that product go a long way.

12122637_10204974267339433_1581196243503509546_n.jpg

Rimini is a major international tourist destination and seaside resort, among one of the most famous ones in Europe, thanks to its 9 miles (15 kilometer long) of sandy beaches located on the Adriatic Sea. With over 1,000 hotels, several theme parks, thousands of bars, restaurants and discos you could never get bored. Rimini is the perfect backdrop for an event of this magnitude, as this town has so much to offer beside the conference.

Rimini-Strand-Havn-5_edit-1.jpg

The conference will be held at the Rimini Fiera, which is a convention center like no other. A modern facility with all the conveniences required by today’s standers. The venue is laid out on one level to facilitate walking with ease for the attendees that visit. At 554,461 square feet (169,000 SQM) of usable space, 357,611 square feet (109,000 SQM) of gross expo space there is enough room here to host several events at one time.

10861104_637235116382939_2287354746368856588_o-1.jpg

There are twenty-four speaker rooms, which can hold from 20 to 750 attendees at one time. These rooms are out fitted with the most modern technical equipment, 1080p video and simultaneous translation systems. They are also climate controlled and can be blacked out at any time. Furthermore, parking is never an issue with some 11,000 parking spaces. For those that want to commute from their hotels there is an on-site railway station on the Milan-Bari line and for those with deep pockets a heliport landing area for their convenience.

IMG_1413-1.jpg

This event will bring together many of the world renowned companies and manufacturers that are scattered throughout Europe, Asia, the Americas and Australia. Many of the companies that we respect and admire within our industry will be at the conference center under one roof. Countless manufactures will be there to introduce many new products and/or provide detailed information and education to the many attendees seeking guidance and assistance.

Just an example of some of the international vendors coming to Italy for MACE! With many more to be listed soon.

Company Logos-1.jpg

To kick off this event in the right direction it’s essential to bring in speakers that many in Europe have been craving for. This event will provide speakers and topics that will help the industry and hobbyist move in the right direction. Knowledgeable local and international speakers are not the only ones that can help attendees gain a deeper understanding of our subject matter. Manufactures can contribute data and content in detailed lectures that can be engaging and instructive. The idea is to have both speakers and manufactures provide important contributions through their presentations for the benefit of the MACE attendees. Our Featured Speaker will be Julian Sprung and after a long hiatus from the European speaker circuit, Julian returns to speak at this event. Julian's highly anticipated long-awaited return will be the biggest reefing event to happen in Europe this coming year.

Julian Sprung Board MACE.jpg

Ehsan Dashti Board MACE.jpg

Terence Fugazzi Board MACE.jpg

Certain travel destinations offer you the opportunity to explore and become immersed in the local culture and amazing cuisine. Without a doubt there are legendary places filled with legends. There are works of art like architecture that shaped our history over the centuries. Italy is the perfect backdrop for the commencement of this historic event, MACE!

446711181_640-1.jpg

Like and visit our Facebook page, we will have continuous updates several times a week.

Last edited:

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I look forward to this being a great success Tony. Europe has been needing something like this. I hope you have a great turn out.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back