Macro Algae and Ecotech Radions

danfeig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are any of you running Radions on a tank filled with macro algae? I'm designing a 60" (L) x 20"(w) x 36"(h) tank that will primarily house macro algae, sea horses, pipefish, etc. I know that I need to run more whites and reds and could use some help on scheduling. Thanks in advance! Dan

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What color to use seems to vary based on the species of algae. Some prefer more blue, some use green (such as red algae) and some prefer some red.

OP
OP
D

danfeig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will have a combination of both greens and reds. There will be a lot of caulerpa, red gracilaria, dragons breath, red grape...

Seabiscuit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have your tank, but mini-me sized. No radions here. I could only afford a kzkr 36" led that I got on amazon for $53. It has 111 white led's and 18 blue. If I could have chosen, I would have swapped out 18 of the white led's with pink. I have 3 types of red macroalgae and two green. My red's are doing very well, but my green's just ok. They could use some pink's. Maybe I'll add a small tape strip of pinks someday. Are you going to add any corals? I have 2 gorgonians and 2 sponges, but I don't have any other corals because of my seahorses. I have two diamond gobies that created massive caves under all of my rocks, but I still love them.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 22.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 8 11.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 36 53.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 9.0%
Back