Madagascar, A Treasure Island In The Indian Ocean

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well for our first Coral Magazine article why don't we look at this one.

Madagascar, A Treasure Island In The Indian Ocean
Written by Marlen Hundertmark and Christian Hepperger
www.coralmagazineus.com

This is a great writing detailed with some awesome photography. Of course we can't print the article here due to copyright laws, but we can discuss it. I didn't realize how basically untouched this island is and the sheer beauty of the fields of under water acropora!

Anybody else read the article?

Other articles we will look at are:

Rarities by Inken Krause
Oh, Those Triggers by Professor Ellen Thaler
Reef-Safe Triggerfish by Scott W. Michael
Breeding Mandarins by Matthew W. Wittenrich
No Risk, No Fun? by Professor Ellen Thaler
Reef Keeping 101 by Daniel Knop

And even more great articles. Feel free to start these topic threads after you have read the articles.

Last edited:
OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bump!!!

Briney Dave

High School Marine edc.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read it, I too was amazed at the reef condition. So often these places have too many people piled on shore and the run off is killer. Either currents pull the poo away or they are far enough off shore to be protected for us.

Over all I liked the first addition of our own coral but clearly it still had a great deal of influence from Germany. It will be interesting to see how the magazine changes over the next few issues.

I, for one liked the Euro influence because it provided more perspective on keeping. I wish that there were a few more articles written from the Asian keepers point of view as well.

Not to say that because they are from this place or that, that the method is better than what is being done here but its good to here from our pals around the world

Back