Man Illegally collects Ricordea from Puerto Rico worth $90,000 USD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef Builders

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Luis Joel Vargas Martell (Vargas) was the co-owner of a home-based saltwater aquarium business, Carebbean Reefers (spelling error intentional) that also operated online through the EBay store “Redragon1975”. A large part of the business was devoted to the sale of native Puerto Rican marine species that are popular in the saltwater aquarium trade. On Monday,…
Source

Continue reading...

PBnJOnWheat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Luis Joel Vargas Martell (Vargas) was the co-owner of a home-based saltwater aquarium business, Carebbean Reefers (spelling error intentional) that also operated online through the EBay store “Redragon1975”. A large part of the business was devoted to the sale of native Puerto Rican marine species that are popular in the saltwater aquarium trade. On Monday,…
Source

Continue reading...
My favorite post ever on this forum!! Super cool I wanna see the ricordia coral though because I’ve only ever seen $50> or less ricordia lol

flampton

Ecological Reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite post ever on this forum!! Super cool I wanna see the ricordia coral though because I’ve only ever seen $50> or less ricordia lol

40 shipments so I'm guessing they're using wholesale prices so probably like ten-twentydollars. So probably sent 4500-9000 or so ricordea to the states for resale. (Maybe they do street value like drugs so let's say 50 a piece which is still 1800 ricordea illegally smuggled.

Great job nailing this guy!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

PBnJOnWheat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
40 shipments so I'm guessing they're using wholesale prices so probably like ten-twentydollars. So probably sent 4500-9000 or so ricordea to the states for resale. (Maybe they do street value like drugs so let's say 50 a piece which is still 1800 ricordea illegally smuggled.

Great job nailing this guy!
Ikr get them locked up!! Imagine being able to say you have an illegal ricordia ;Lurking;Happy;Pompus

U

User1

View Badges
Will be interesting to see who gets a lighter sentence... College admission scandal or poaching.

zylorn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really curious about the kind of smuggling that really goes on out there. Like what was going on that forced the indo ban.

Homewrecker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every couple years someone gets caught doing this

45ZoaGarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought you can legally collect ricordea... that’s in Florida anyway, not sure about Puerto Rico. You can only collect a few, nothing like that lol

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 24.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 50 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 29.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.7%
Back