Mantis Shrimp

dinod73

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a mantis shrimp (peacock, I think) that was a hitchhiker from a live rock that I bought a few months back. I decided to keep the mantis shrimp, but put it in a tiny 2.5 gallon tank. I am in the process of moving him to a 20 gallon tank and want to know what other animals I could mix in with him that would live safely together. Any thoughts???

flowflezy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on if he is well feed I see some on u tube with alot of fish in the tank. I know all are different but look on u tube.

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it's a tiny hitchhiker it's not a "peacock"/O. scyllarus. Where did your liverock come from?

Basically anything you keep with a mantis is at risk but you can possibly keep some fish/inverts long term. I've kept my stomatopods with damsels, urchins, large snails, corals and other inverts like feather dusters.

flowflezy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And I would maybe go with acrylic also in new tank. They can break glass if they want also.

Davesgt

Happy Happy Happy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like Ritter said damsels seem to do ok with mantis, but its a 50/50 shot. My current Peacock will not tolerate anything with him.

One More And I’m Out. Is Failure An Option?

• Yes

Votes: 35 15.2%
  • No

Votes: 169 73.5%
  • Unsure

Votes: 26 11.3%
Back