Marine artwork and Hammer Coral

finley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Slightly off topic of marine, but was wondering if anyone knew any good places that sold marine artwork, like pictures of corals or posters or pillows,etc.
Laso separate question, has anyone got any info on keeping branching hammer I know like PAR and what parameters but I don’t know what they eat or if they do stuff to other corals or things to loook out for etc
Thanks

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hammers do fine with just light in a 80-150 par range.
Of course they are photosynthetic so light a must, they will take what they want from the water column.
Not overly agressive, can touch each other including frogspawn, so close together is fine.

I don’t let mine touch anything else.

Watch torches…..can and will sting anyone close enough.

IMG_1791.jpeg

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hammers ive had now and in the past seem to like small foods the ones I have now like chopped up mysis. If the piece is to big they let it go. My current ones also dont like any prepared foods at all, ones in the past didnt mind. You dont need to directly feed them( unless you have 0 nutrients in the water) but it helps. Like @Uncle99 said 150sh par is good. They can and will sting other corals but are good together. I have a gold hammer that has it out for a duncan of mine it seems. It will send sweeper tentacles out in the water trying to reach it. I've had to move the duncan 3 times. The last time I moved it to the other side of the tank. No more sweepers with just other hammers in the area now.

As for art work nothing pops into mind exactly. I was watching youtube footage of aquashella I believe from a couple different tubers and at least a few were showing a booth that did fish and coral artwork they offered a website/nstagram for this artists work to purchase, had some really nice paintings and prints.

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Slightly off topic of marine, but was wondering if anyone knew any good places that sold marine artwork, like pictures of corals or posters or pillows,etc.
Laso separate question, has anyone got any info on keeping branching hammer I know like PAR and what parameters but I don’t know what they eat or if they do stuff to other corals or things to loook out for etc
Thanks
You got your answer on hammers, here for the art.
65D89EDA-27A7-49C9-BE1B-864859803C29.jpeg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 29 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 107 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.5%
Back