MARS (Madison, Wisconsin) Frag Swap 7.0 - January 29, 2011, 12:00 - 3:00pm

Sula

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For all interested, the Madison (Wisconsin) Area Reef Society will be hosting its 7th Annual Frag Swap on January 29,2011. We have a new location this year, the VFW on the East side of town, located at:

301 Cottage Grove Road
Madison, WI 53716

A flyer with more details will be coming soon!

alexshefchik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man I wish I was going! :cry: But starting my intership in January and have to work Saturdays!

OP
OP
Sula

Sula

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are interested in selling, you can send an email to: [email protected]

I think we might be sold out of tables with power, but we probably have tables without power still available.

Here are some of the details around that:

Seller/Vendor Pricing will be as follows:
Full hobbyist seller tables at $25, (no power hookups please)
Powered full tables at $40 ***limited to 250 W total*** (as in the past you can split a table with someone however you like but only one 20 gallon or smaller tank setup per table please). BYO extension cords/power strips as needed.
Vendor Spaces are $90 for normal, $150 for double size. Vendors are ***limited to 400 W of power total*** Vendors may bring larger setups than 20 gallons but will need to use their own secure stand/table. Please let us know what you'll need in your space (table, totally empty, cooler of beer, chairs etc) when making your reservation.

Space reserves starting 11/1/10. PM or email is fine. Payment will be day of swap and sellers will be asked to sign a selling agreement at the same time. I am going over to the VFW this week to make a plan for the space but I anticipate that there will be something like 6-8 non powered spaces, 10-12 powered spaces and 5-8 vendor spaces total (very similar to last year except slightly fewer powered tables).

Setup will begin at 8 am the morning of the swap (or earlier if we can secure access to the building before then). Swappers and Vendors are asked to have their setups out of the hall and space cleared/clean by 4:30 pm.

Vendors/Sellers self identify which category they would like to sell in. Vendors may advertise their business at the swap and will be acknowledged/linked to on the swap threads once they have confirmed. In order to really sweeten the door prize drawings again this year, (last year over 1K in merchandise and livestock was given away!!!) vendors will be able to donate merchandise equivalent to half of their space fee.

As in past years, there will be a free "floater" table for those with a few frags to sell. Same deal as in past years. First come first served with a 20' time limit (you can be there for a total of 20 minutes per hour, after the hour you can go back for another twenty minutes. This way it stays open to others who would like to use it and no one uses it in lieu of a table proper. There will be no power available there but you can sell out of a cooler, spread out ziplocs or meet folks for prearranged trades etc. Please limit your offerings to 20 frags when using the floater table.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 123 81.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back