May NARC meeting

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi y'all,

TritonsGarden kindly agreed to host NARC meeting for the month of May.

I am hoping that 23rd will be good for everyone although it's the memorial day weekend.

As some of you know that their reef shop is in Tennessee. It's about 1.5 hours away, but we have done this type of field trip in the past (a few times to both Fish Tails and Aquarium Designs when Philip was there) and the turn out was very good each time.

They are offering a free coral (possibly ricordia if they get their order in time) to each NARC member that attends the meeting.

I need a head count for the event. Please let me know in this thread.

TritonsGarden indicated that t is possible to have the meeting on 30th, but there is the coral market in Bham on June 6th and some people may find it a bit too close to that event.

Tomoko

mltascp

Alabama Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This sounds like a great idea. For once we have nothing going on that weekend. I would love to drive up to Jack and Kathy's to see their setup.

Monica

TritonsGarden

Coral Farmer Wannabe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jack and I had talked about hosting a meeting for some time now and when Tomoko asked us, how could we refuse.... you all have excepted us so easily even though we are from Tennessee. we hope everyone will come... Just need to know how many so we can line up some free corals( ricordeas or something like that)

Kathy

Mariner

NARC Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, right now I'm planning on coming, but that's only a tentative commitment.... too many variables in my life right now to say what's going to be going on in three weeks. :squigglemouth: My daughter may be expecting me to go with her to the Renaissance Festival in Nashville on that day... I normally go as Sir Reefs-a-lot. :wink:
Mariner

H@rry

Troll
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
M@ry Ruth and I are planning to come. :smile: We're looking forward to seeing your operation.

gnoles

Equipment Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan to come, if I can swing it... it will be a weekend of reef related recreation. That and the next four days close out school for the year. So expect a :bigsmile: for a change. Any talk of a caravan or carpooling yet?

TritonsGarden

Coral Farmer Wannabe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was reading on the other place that lunch or snacks should be up to us.... well we are pretty easy going so what ever you all want is good with us. if you all want to grill out we can.... or if you want coffee and cake that is good to... we were planning on serving some finger foods and drinks. now all we need is a topic for the general meeting and someone to give it???? have we got anyone who wants to do a show and tell? maybe aquascaping or building something? what ever you all want is good for us.
Jack and Kathy

TritonsGarden

Coral Farmer Wannabe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Directions for May NARC meeting

Map

From I-65 take Exit 1 in Tennessee top of the ramp turn left on to hwy 31 N (about 12-15 miles) turn left onto hwy 64 bypass go to the 3rd stoplight and turn left onto Hwy 64W (go about 15 to 18 miles until you see a welcome to Lawrenceburg sign... this is a big sign on the right sitting in a shubbery display) at that sign turn left on Quail Dr. go about 1 mile to the first street to the left that will be Ashley Ct turn left then turn right into the very first driveway we live right on the corner.

gnoles

Equipment Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has there been a time set for this meeting?

Edit - Nevermind, 1:00... found it. :)

Last edited:

jason.tammy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We plan to attend. If you are coming south of us you can follow or maybe car pool with us. Dependes on rather I have a tank to deliver. Some one is interesed in it up that way.

M@ryRuth

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, Harry and I will be at the meeting. Really looking forward to seeing everyone and exploring Jack and Kathy's setup. I'll bring something to add to the feast. As usual it'll be a surprise. (Translated: I haven't decided or been to grocery yet.)

Tomoko I'll bring the recipe I promised to give you.

OP
OP
Tomoko Schum

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, Mary Ruth.
I am looking forward to seeing you, Harry, and the gang. I am looking forward to checking out Jack and Kathy's setup, too.

Tomoko

TritonsGarden

Coral Farmer Wannabe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
have we got a head count yet? I think I come up with 18 but I am not sure.
as for the food I come up with BBQ pork with buns and cole slaw, chips and drinks, boiled Okra and desert, and I think some one said they were bringing plates, napkins and cups if not I will get some tonight.
I don't guess we have a topic? But I am sure we will all find something to discuss right?

I am just gonna put this out there F/S 55 gal tank and stand 75.00 best offer just want it out of my dinning room.
also anyone who has large fish we have krill for anyone who wants to make a small donation to the little boy Mason that Jack and I have been helping to get a stem cell operation.
Kathy
We are excited about hosting this meeting we have done it before.

OP
OP
Tomoko Schum

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have counted so far 20 people including one or two that contacted me through PM. I just asked for plates, napkins and cups on RC side.

Do you want some baked beans to go with your BBQ?

No one seems to have any show-and-tell demo or project to do, but a number of us are excite about checking out your setup. I am sure people are happy just chatting, asking questions about your husbandry techniques, etc.

Tomoko

JR's Reef

Joey08
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im not part of NARC but can I come? Im off tomorrow someting that I only get 3 times a yr. Need a addy if if okay for me to come. Will have to see how far it is for me 1st. Thanks

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 49 46.2%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 34 32.1%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 15.1%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back