• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Melanurus Wrasse, male (Wilmington, NC)

Fish Werx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a male melanurus wrasse that I would like to see if anyone LOCAL would be interested in trading? I do not want to ship. Sorry.

I got him almost 2 years ago to help with a flatworm outbreak in my 55g setup. He decimated them! Also, helped rid my rank of those pesky pyramid snails! He is constantly cruising around looking for stuff to eat on the rocks, very healthy, very fat! Haha!

He is about 4-4.5" and eats any type of food you put in the tank including nori....
(full disclosure, he has been known to eat smaller astrea and trochus snails from time to time, also small hermits, just FYI)

If you are local and interested in trading something, let me know what you have and we will see if we can work something out. Id like to get a captive acclimated cleaner wrasse or a mandarin that is eating frozen food, but am open for other ideas. I can add money on my end if needed.

Message me here is probably the vest way to get ahold of me.

Here are the two most recent pics of him, I will try to get some better ones this afternoon. He is constantly moving, so its hard to get a nice crisp shot!

20170313_150050.jpg

20170328_175502.jpg

Ryengoth

I wish I was in St John USVI
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a bunch of various coral frags if you're interested and I have plenty of stomas if you want to grab a couple.

I've been pulling off growth from a Red Headed Stepkid zoa colony that's been expanding for over a year on a rock chunk.

The pink birdsnest ball was toasted in a po4 incident but has come back extremely aggressively from one frag and I'm trying to sprout as much as I can before it slows down and so I can save some of it again if I have another tank crash.

I just removed a red meteor shower disc from the overflow wall and it's on a plug now if you want that as well. My overflow is quickly getting covered now and I don't need it. It's really thick and calcified now on the plug.

You'll need to treat the frag plug surface with peroxide to kill any algae. I've been running high nutrients to speed up coral growth.

I live in monkey junction and have a 90G I'm going to pull some rock from to make room for a new juvi blue tang tomorrow so there will be more swim room for the wrasse too.

trbZzqg.jpg

KtobvEE.jpg

k1hC4EO.jpg

txSbe2Y.jpg

jAnRqWQ.jpg

KtobvEE.jpg

OP
OP
Fish Werx

Fish Werx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool! I'd like to come check out your set up if that's ok? Maybe we can work something out? I was wanting to trade for another fish ideally.
I'm about tapped out on space for corals, but who knows? Hit me up with a pm if you're still interested and I'll get you my contact info.

Also, if you do get this guy, you prob won't have stomas any more! He is a beast. I used to have them everywhere....

Ryengoth

I wish I was in St John USVI
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I don't really have much in the way of fish to trade unless you want a bangaii cardinal. The trio is about 2 years old and I could let one go without too much of a problem in the tank. The only other thing I'm debating removing is a large pistol shrimp. He's about 3.5" long and I've not been able to catch him yet. I have an older calcium reactor setup if you're interested in hardware.

OP
OP
Fish Werx

Fish Werx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I don't really have much in the way of fish to trade unless you want a bangaii cardinal. The trio is about 2 years old and I could let one go without too much of a problem in the tank. The only other thing I'm debating removing is a large pistol shrimp. He's about 3.5" long and I've not been able to catch him yet. I have an older calcium reactor setup if you're interested in hardware.

Nah, don't want you to split up a trio. And I've got cleaner and fire shrimp for days! I'll pm you and perhaps we can get together and see what's up?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back