Metallic orange Aussie zoas..

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are probably the brightest orange zoas I have had since the original Happy Samhain colony I had.....These might actually be brighter then those. I can't get the metallicness of these to really come out in any pics. I got them 2 weeks ago on a sweet monti that didn't make it to my disappointment....Already have a new polyp as well.

DSCN2490.jpg

coralfarm123

INDMAS Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Too bad you lost the monti, but that is a great surprise. Very nice zoanthids. They look similar to the ATL Triple Reds or Hells Fire.

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The monti was sweet to bright green with green polyps but half of each polyp was a bright blue....I had an alk drop shortly after I acclimated it.

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! - I can't get pictures of the "metallic" bright stuff either. I think it reflects too much light into the camera and washes itself out.

Thats cool you at least ended up with something :)

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The monti was secondary but really wished it would have lived, would have been nice to see in a large colony....But these will be just as nice....

Wy Renegade

Zs and Ps/PE collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those look Nice Az, sorry about the monti - but good score on the zoas. My very first zoas were hitchhikers. When you get em growed out, we'll have to talk :bigsmile:.

Nanofins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not bad at all. I'm a big fan of orange. I've got something similar with a very metallic sheen, but I have no idea where they came from--got 'em as a trade.

I have that monti you're talking about if you ever want to trade for a piece. Sort of bright, intense green with half shiny blue polyps.

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those look Nice Az, sorry about the monti - but good score on the zoas. My very first zoas were hitchhikers. When you get em growed out, we'll have to talk :bigsmile:.

Not bad at all. I'm a big fan of orange. I've got something similar with a very metallic sheen, but I have no idea where they came from--got 'em as a trade.

I have that monti you're talking about if you ever want to trade for a piece. Sort of bright, intense green with half shiny blue polyps.

Sure thing Randy any time.....

Sounds good to me Nano that is it to the T.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 20.8%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 167 72.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.2%
Back