Monti eating nudis

Kraig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought my first Monti recently and I have yet another reason I am glad I put my corals in qt before going into the DT. I was observing the corals today and saw something weird looking on the Monti. Taking a closer look I knew right away what they were, even though this was my first experience with them. Monti eating Nudi's! Little jerks. I found one on a nearby Anacropora as well.

I had dipped these before they went into QT as well. Didn't see anything unusual so they were either hiding well, or just had eggs or possibly both.

Needless to say they got another dip this evening and I will be repeating the process a couple of times a week for a while. Sorry guys, you are going to have to stay in QT a little longer :(

OP
OP
Kraig

Kraig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Better safe then nudi food !!! Do you have any wrasses or coralbanded shrimp , or any predator to eat them in the tank ?
No I don't. I don't have any in the quarantine tank (no fish in the coral QT) or display tank but they aren't leaving the quarantine tank until I'm pretty dang sure I've gotten rid of them!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 18.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 45 52.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.4%
Back