Montipora changed color after browned out

dhnguyen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I had this huge green monti digitata colony. After an unfortunate tank crash I managed to save a couple frags of the original colony which as expected turned brown.

Now that the tank has recovered and starting to thrive again I am noticing that these frags are starting to get back some coloring. The weird thing is the polyps are now blueish purple and not green. Has anyone seen anything like this before? Is this normal? I mean, these frags of green digi are now looking more like my german blue digi colony.

OP
OP
dhnguyen

dhnguyen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been about 6 months give or take. Not the greatest pics but here are some of the original colony and the now frags.
PXL_20220605_192245627.jpg

PXL_20230615_235513441.MP~2.jpg

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty neat! I'd give them a little more time. Sometimes frags are different colors than colonies, but yeah, that is a complete color change. Maybe the par level is different where they are now versus before.

OP
OP
dhnguyen

dhnguyen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty neat! I'd give them a little more time. Sometimes frags are different colors than colonies, but yeah, that is a complete color change. Maybe the par level is different where they are now versus before
Yeah you might be onto something there. I did switch out the lighting. Previously it was under Red Sea LED90 now it's under Noopsyche K7 which I like a lot better.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 28.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%

Back