Moving....need advice, please

Joshua Jordan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone and Happy Thanksgiving to you all. I hope you have safe travels and warm times with your families.

I just learned last week that the condo that I live in will be sold at the end of the year. So, after Dec. 31 I will be moving. However, there is one good thing about this. I live in a community of condos similar to mine and happened to find a condo only ONE BLOCK away from mine. So, the owner is letting me pay my January rent in mid-December so that I can slowly move my possessions over slowly and over a two-week period instead of all at once. It literally only takes 2 minutes to walk from where I live now to where I am going.

My main concern, of course is my reef tank. Luckily, it's a small tank; a 32 gallon Coralife BioCube with accompanying stand. I have absolutely no clue on where to even begin on how to successfully move my tank over with minimum negative effects on the tank. (corals, livestock, filters, beneficial bacteria, etc.)

Are there any guides or how-to's on the forum that anyone would recommend? Perhaps any videos on YouTube? I have tried looking for something professional-ish looking but have yet to find anything. I have plenty of buckets and extra hardware. (heaters, powerheads, etc.)

Please help.

Thanks so much

Ludders

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The best way to move everything is with large water containers and buckets with lids (old salt buckets are great) to transport your coral.

Take out your water into the containers to place your coral and live rock in and get your water level down to a point where two of you can safely lift the aquarium. I would leave the sand bed and fish in the aquarium undisturbed if you can.

Get it all over to your new place and set it back up as quickly as you can and it will all be fine.

Good luck with the move.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 75 40.3%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 95 51.1%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 6 3.2%
Back