Moving Tank and need some advice

Bailey D.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I am moving house and I need to move my 31 gallon aquarium as well, it is the aqua one 120 litre starter reef tank with the mariglo lights that come with it. has been running for 7 months and I have recently had a huge red cyano outbreak that has already claimed the lives of 2 corals and is doing my head in. It has covered my crushed coral and live rock and was wondering how to clean them when I move. I am over it and would really like to just change the crushed coral over for new substrate (probs CC) but have gotten mixed reviews on that idea. I am running out of time and need a quick response.
Thanks

Mr.Rocc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
personally, I would focus on why you have the cyano. Changing your substrate might put you back into a cycle and this will all happen again. You are at a perfect point since you are moving to help fix this cyano. While you are taking your rock out, take a toothbrush and brush all the cyano, you, off and dunk in RO water. Find why your nutrients have taken off and gotten away from you. Again I wouldn't change your substrate but thats your call. Did you buy dry rock? If so, and you didn't cure it for months, this is super normal.

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 47 29.4%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 34 21.3%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 16 10.0%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 56 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back