MP60 wet side magnet rusted - it’s not old !!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

acropora4u

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please help. I don’t have paperwork but you guys have records. . Look at this magnet. Please contact me. I have had to take out of service and my tank corals are the ones that are paying the price :-( please help.
image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

wkd4b11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact them on their website for an RMA. I just sent in 2 MP40 wetsides that were rusted and they're sending me new ones.
They will ask for your MP60's serial #

OP
OP
acropora4u

acropora4u

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact them on their website for an RMA. I just sent in 2 MP40 wetsides that were rusted and they're sending me new ones.
i mean, we should just get a replacement right off the bat and send in the defective magnet , if they dont get the defective magnet within say 30 days, then charge us later..but to add all the extra time that is takes to send in the defective magnet and wait from someone to look at it and then send a replacement is wasted time that flow is restricted in our tanks waiting for replacement.

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i mean, we should just get a replacement right off the bat and send in the defective magnet , if they dont get the defective magnet within say 30 days, then charge us later..but to add all the extra time that is takes to send in the defective magnet and wait from someone to look at it and then send a replacement is wasted time that flow is restricted in our tanks waiting for replacement.

A lot of guys have an extra wetside for this reason.
When i sent both of my rusted mp10wetsides in, i did them one at a time.
It was about a 2 week process for each wetside.

AbjectMaelstroM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well that's stupid logic for something that costs $700. Stand by a product.

Haha, well it may seem "stupid"to some, but those of us with an spare westside have the peace of mind while we get the replacement under warranty vs spazzing/freaking out on a forum while one scrambles for a quick fix.

This very same thing happened to one of my MP40s that were purchased second hand and were still under warranty. I also purchased a spare wetside because that is a more of a common point of failure. $70 is worth a piece of mind in case such as this. In the meantime my wetside was replaced under warranty with no cost to me other than a week of my time.

At the end of the day, what may seem stupid to some is peace of mind to other. Plus, makes cleaning easy, just pop a new wetside on and you're in business.

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha, well it may seem "stupid"to some, but those of us with an spare westside have the peace of mind while we get the replacement under warranty vs spazzing/freaking out on a forum while one scrambles for a quick fix.

This very same thing happened to one of my MP40s that were purchased second hand and were still under warranty. I also purchased a spare wetside because that is a more of a common point of failure. $70 is worth a piece of mind in case such as this. In the meantime my wetside was replaced under warranty with no cost to me other than a week of my time.

At the end of the day, what may seem stupid to some is peace of mind to other. Plus, makes cleaning easy, just pop a new wetside on and you're in business.
Agree! Whatever type of flow unit you run, have a backup. They always go out at the worse time.
In this hobby piece of mind is worth it, no matter what you run.

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tunze's never go out!
Ha! Not true. I run Tunze everthing, return pump, 5 powerheads, skimmer, carx, ato.
New return pump, 10 months old, impeller cracked.
Used a backup until the new impeller got here.
The moral is "carry backups for all equipment" no matter the brand lol.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How old is ‘not old’? I’ve got a bunch of MP60s at home and have been fortunate to not have had any magnet failures .... though I have broken a couple of the ceramic spindle sheaths. Looks like the clip is broken. Did that happen recently or have you been running it that way. That will kill the wetside!

The stupid comment earlier notwithstanding, it really is a good idea to keep a spare wetside on hand, particularly if your tank is highly dependent on the pump. Spares for key things are prudent in this hobby.

Last edited:

RobMcC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny, mine did.
Three of the four went out at the same time.

Nothing is fool proof, and everything will fail.

Understand that and plan accordingly.
I straight up don’t believe this. Three at the same time? Tunze’s go for decades. Sounds odd to me.

Maxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I straight up don’t believe this. Three at the same time? Tunze’s go for decades. Sounds odd to me.

I'm sorry you dont believe me.
I originally bought four Tunze 6000's which were the 1st gen Streams.
The driver's began to fail and they no longer made replacements so I had to transition to the 6105's.
After 3 years, three of my 6105's failed within a month and I transitioned to MP40's.

I'm not bashing Tunze nor am I defending or promoting Eco-Tech or any other manufacturer.
ALL things fail.
Period.
Occasionally lemons sneak through QC and escape the factory. It happens.
I've been in this hobby since 1984.
As much as it has changed and no matter how far we have come, one thing remains consistent...equipment will eventually fail.
In my experience, critical equipment is more likely to fail when you really cant afford it. To that end, I have spares of all of my critical equipment.
Return pump is plumbed such a way that if/when it fails, I can quickly swap out a replacement. I bought two from the get go so that one sits in the box until I pull the first offline for maintenance, and then the original gets cleaned, dried and put in the box for the next maintenance cycle. I swap them out every 6 months. So they each get a 6 month "rest" period. When one dies, it will be replaced with the one in the box, and a new one will be ordered as a back up.
Heaters are purchased in pairs. I like the Ebo Jager heaters as they have a 3 year warranty. Use one for 2.5/2.75 years, and swap it out with the new one in the box, and order another spare. Old one can go in the salt water mixing tank or thrown away.
Powerheads.....in the case of Streams...want 4 for the tank, buy 5. Keep one in reserve for maintenance/cleaning. In the case of Vortech's, buy a spare wetside or two and keep them in reserve for maintenance or cleaning.
I have a couple of old MH's reflector's ballasts and bulbs lying around so that if my LED's go out for some reason, I can limp by until they get fixed replaced.

Like I said man earlier:

Everything fails, plan accordingly.

kyowang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What if you warranty is expired? Do they still Replace?

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 15 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 34 18.1%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 124 66.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 9 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.2%
Back