Mushroom ID

mav3rick478

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,
Can yu guys let me know what type of mushrooms these are please, thanks.

PXL_20231029_014936169.MP.jpg

Edited for truer color.
1000000953-01.jpeg

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even with the bounce bubbles?
Yes. Ricordea can also develop bounce attributes. Now that I'm on my desktop and looking at my ricordea and rhodactis, I'm leaning towards rhodactis just based on the number of tiny polyps. In any event, nice coral!

OP
OP
mav3rick478

mav3rick478

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. Ricordea can also develop bounce attributes. Now that I'm on my desktop and looking at my ricordea and rhodactis, I'm leaning towards rhodactis just based on the number of tiny polyps. In any event, nice coral!
Thanks, I'm not too versed in mushrooms even though I could care less about names just more into corals that catch my eye.

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely not Ricordea! Those are Rhodactis sp, not a lot of literature on the rhodactis species but it is definitely in the genus. Looks morphologically similar to the species that usually bounces, which includes the OG, Sunkist, Nuclear, etc.
Ricordea always have perfectly round, or slightly oval shaped, tentacles, and are rarely non fluorescent like the one you have here. Rhodactis are often rough in texture and less fluorescent then their cousins.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely not Ricordea! Those are Rhodactis sp, not a lot of literature on the rhodactis species but it is definitely in the genus. Looks morphologically similar to the species that usually bounces, which includes the OG, Sunkist, Nuclear, etc.
Ricordea always have perfectly round, or slightly oval shaped, tentacles, and are rarely non fluorescent like the one you have here. Rhodactis are often rough in texture and less fluorescent then their cousins.
+1 Yes, good take.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 24 14.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 13.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 96 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.6%
Back