Mutiny ozone reactor questions...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does your reactors come with the carbon post filter or is it a add on etc... I saw pix from your early designing fazes and it showed 2 reactors but your final result has a single with paper media inside... Is there a carbon chamber inside or do I build that myself haha.... Looking to buy one after I find that out... I hooked a ozone unit to my skimmer and I hate it not getting the skim mate I used to...:(

Gamble

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I was looking into it a while back, I am pretty sure the second chamber was just one of their media reactors that you purchased additionally.

AVAST Marine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We did prototype a version that was all in one, but decided on a unit that was modular so people that already had a carbon media reactor could keep using that and save a little dough.

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So do you suggest just plumbing the outPut of the reactor into my carbon reactor and call it a day??? Or will that mess with the pressure inside the mutiny??? Thanks...

WesF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It goes straight from the mutiny into the carbon reactor. And you are supposed to use the media/carbon reactor plumbed in reverse so it trickles from the top down I stead of the typical bottom flowing up configuration.

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahhh I see... Well right now I run my carbon reactor off a manifold that my return pump supplies... So you think there is enough throughput coming out of the mutiny to feed my carbon reactor....enough flow I should say???

ctenophore

Avast Justin
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the late reply all- I forgot to check up on forums this week.

Troylee, re: manifold feed to the carbon and/or ozone reactors, you need to check if there is enough pressure on the carbon branch to run the mutiny. You'll want to target 0.5x to 1x of your tank volume per hour through the pair. Generally, the two reactors generates about 3psi of backpressure due to the head loss in overcoming the "reverse" flow in both tubes, plus the friction loss from the media and plumbing. This equates to roughly the capacity of a mag 3 or sicce 2.0 feed pump in the smallest version. Even that low flow will give the carbon enough to do its job.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.4%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 41 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 161 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back