my 24g nano

Aaron H.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like that we have the JBJ thread. so here are some pictures of the 24 gallon nano cube at day 1

ALL pics are iPhone pics
4a0084a1.jpg

16245cd0.jpg

And here it is one year later. still nothing amazing, but it definitaly has filled out and grown.
cbc4ce95.jpg

2dd3c71b.jpg

cad31734.jpg

e9503696.jpg

And finally a couple weeks ago i rearranged the rocks, so this is how it looks today.

0ae6386a.jpg

So tell me what you think. The good, the bad, just tell me. I ordered my LED upgrade kit and will build it and install soon, so ill post pics of it after its all together, anyways...

2 Clowns
1 Purple Firefish
1 Fire Shrimp
1 Urchin
random hermits and snails
few different mushrooms
Torch coral
Leather Coral
star polyps
xenya
kenya tree
Manacina

Im sure im missing some stuff, but you get the idea.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think it looks very nice! I still love xenia to this day and the way it pulses. To bad it takes over! :(

Nano-Newb1983

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
love it man.. Filled out to the max

Got any more info on it? everything stock? any mods?

also how that urchin do in there? i would love one, but dont want it to plow my corals over lol

OP
OP
A

Aaron H.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a small protine skimmer in one of the back chambers. and right now everything is stock. but i did order my LED retro kit last week, so that should be delivered to the house this week. i hope.... but it will be a 12 inch heat sink. 16 blue, 8 cool white, and 6 high noon white leds. all 3 will be on seperate drivers and be controlled to make a nice sunset/sunrise transition. its all diy so ill learn alot when i put this thing together.

the urchin was great at first, it was very small. (maybe as big around as a nickle, spines and all) and now its probably as big as a baseball. and it does tend to move my rocks and coral around. I have been trying to sell it or trade it for coral, but dont have anyone local that wants it. I will probably put it in my sump when i get my 100g build done.

OP
OP
A

Aaron H.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the "biocube" skimmer. got it from petsmart. it fits in the first chamber and you can still close the lid, just be sure to either have an ATO or just stay on top of your water top offs

OP
OP
A

Aaron H.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it seems to collect alot of skim. but its the only one ive ever used so i dont know if there are any others that are better

geckoman2003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank looks great. I'm thinking about a led mod myself. So I'll be following along to see how yours does. Good luck!

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 25 14.3%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 39 22.3%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 103 58.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back