My 29 bio cube custom hood, and led set up

Kidnotorius

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My HQI light (I knew was so cheep)Finally melted its own mount so I decided to upgrade. It was a oceanic 29 bio cube HQI until it became a James 29 Biocube Led with custom hood. I am running the AI Nano with one blue LED stunner strip under the new hood right now. I will be looking to add more Stunners in the near future.
dasdasdasd.jpg
ssadsad.jpg
dsdad.jpg
sadasdasdasd.jpg
photo.jpg
This is the second day with the LED setup and I am only running all the lights on 50%. So far all my corals look AMAZING, My anems look a little sickly but they had to go three days with 6 watt pcs before i could get the LEDs.

Being my first hood, there are 2 things I would different if I could start over. Like make the long side panels one piece instead of adding the back section as a second thought. as well as extending the front to where it drops over the front edge, anyone have any other ideas? if I were to make another?

OP
OP
K

Kidnotorius

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool hood/setup!
Hey thanks man! Took pretty much all day to get right with the uneven edges of the biocube, but all and all I'm really happy with it. Once my livestock makes a full bounce back with the new light ill post pics of the tank under this new beautiful light!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks nice! Thanks for sharing!

jtgordon20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good. I want to dive on the LED world.
Is your floor super uneven? That 5g container's water level looks really unlevel haha

OP
OP
K

Kidnotorius

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good. I want to dive on the LED world.
Is your floor super uneven? That 5g container's water level looks really unlevel haha

I was about to reply with "Yes our floor is really uneven!!" But wow that is just a camera tick or something
It is uneven and I had to do alot to get that tank somewhat level. Not that bad though.
photo.jpg

OP
OP
K

Kidnotorius

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update

Moved the rock around, got rid of a few peices, and the light is up a little more now. I also added little supports on the back of the hood(unpainted) for further stabability.
asdas.jpg
dadsadasdasd.jpg
asdasda.jpg
dsdsd.jpg

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 170 72.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.1%
Back