OP
OP
Paranoidobseshun

Paranoidobseshun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks guys. I am using the 18" current nova extreme t5ho light fixture. 36 watts

I was thinking of maybe a this damsel. A nearby store had them a little while back, under an inch.
Yellowtail-damsel-Neoglyphidodon-nigroris.jpg

Not really set on any particular fish. Just if I see something nice that is suitable for the tank.

xmetalfan99

Let's Go Mountaineers!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is definately a different looking damsel. have you thought about a goby and pistol shrimp? it is fun watching the shrimp excavate.

EDIT: apparantly fsu and I were thinking the exact same thing at the exact same time

OP
OP
Paranoidobseshun

Paranoidobseshun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
haha at the same exact time. I used to have a warpaint clown goby, he was cool but just hid to much. Im not sure about a shrimp as it would probably end up knocking a lot of my frags over when trying to excavate or whatnot.

OP
OP
Paranoidobseshun

Paranoidobseshun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Here is a pic I took a few hours ago. My merlettis and wellsi. In the process of getting a couple more merlettis to add around these.
IMG_0436.jpg

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice blastos - I like the different color contrasts!! I have a cool orange/green one and purple/green one that i recently got.

OP
OP
Paranoidobseshun

Paranoidobseshun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well I picked up a couple more frags for the nano. I also removed the wall hammer that was on the bottom in the little cave spot, and removed the bubble coral because I needed to put some zoa rocks in its spot lol.

rustymiller02

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you absolutely sure that is only 5.5 gal? It looks a lot larger, and accomadates more frags than my 34!
In the middle of the bottom left pic, what's the red zoa in the middle? Looks like a nicer version of safecrackers!
Oh, and did you end up getting that damsel?

tclipse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you absolutely sure that is only 5.5 gal? It looks a lot larger, and accomadates more frags than my 34!

Look at the reflection of his hands/the digital camera in the "Top Right" pic, it really does look bigger until you use those as a reference point.... unless he's the white version of Shaq.

OP
OP
Paranoidobseshun

Paranoidobseshun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
haha thanks. Yeah I have quite a few frags in there and am always adding something extra. I added 4 more frags a few days ago, 3 kinds of zoas, and a blasto frag. Will post pictures up a little later.

In the bottom left picture, there are 2 red zoas, if you are talking about the ones that are basically touching the blue and yellow zoas then those are kedds reds, and the ones to the top left of that are nightmares.

Yeah I think the pictures could be deceiving because of the amount of rock and the size of the corals that are in there. I try to find specimens that are "miniature" to fit better into my tank. Like the plate coral and goni are about 1.5 inches, and I chose smaller heads from colonies of frogspawn and hammer and they seem to stay that size but still multiply. Like the hammer that is on my overflow is about 6 heads now.

OP
OP
Paranoidobseshun

Paranoidobseshun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Here are the frags that I got a couple days ago. Everything is doing nicely but I might need to secure the blastos as my emerald likes to flip them down the rock when walking by.

IMG_0505.jpg

IMG_0498.jpg

IMG_0487.jpg

IMG_0503.jpg

Lytehouse

just havin' fun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the middle of the bottom left pic, what's the red zoa in the middle? Looks like a nicer version of safecrackers!
Oh, and did you end up getting that damsel?

Is this the fish your lfs had:

Blackmouth Bicolor Chromis

OP
OP
Paranoidobseshun

Paranoidobseshun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Here are some top down shots of my tank. Shows the corals in the sandbed and a few that are on the rocks.

Left Side
IMG_0739.jpg

Middle

IMG_0743.jpg

Right Side

IMG_0741.jpg

Plate coral has finally healed itself up after having the mouth and the area around it torn from the emerald crab who wanted the food it was eating.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 48 46.2%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 33 31.7%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 15.4%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.0%
Back