My Acro collection/ Lagoon

HudsonReefer2.0

Algae Happens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yeah, me too brother :)
However, these tenuis are turning out to be quite colorful :)
Sry. Lol.
IMG_9382.jpeg

Unstoppable algae!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your videos are awesome!

Are you still using fauna Marin rebiotic? How do you like it, Did it effect (lower) N03 or P04?

I have been debating adding something similar rebiotic or AF lifesource (or zeolite mulm) some kind of floating bacteria feed sps .

Thanks!

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

Follow me on IG- perrys_reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your videos are awesome!

Are you still using fauna Marin rebiotic? How do you like it, Did it effect (lower) N03 or P04?

I have been debating adding something similar rebiotic or AF lifesource (or zeolite mulm) some kind of floating bacteria feed sps .

Thanks!

Good morning!
Thank you for the kind words my friend!
The FM Rebiotic is something I will keep on the shelf. I do not find it to mess with nutrients, almost an alternative feed, as well as an innoculant. IMO it plays more of a role on the micro-biome balancing and feeding.
Of course having a diverse micro biome with proper chemistry is a recipe for success, as with their plant cousins in soil.
I am drawing major parallels between plants, humans, and our coral cousins, and how nutrients are processed. 2 key similarities include minerals(&trace)- and a healthy/diverse micro-biome.

And... I will go on record with saying that another anecdotal theory I am working on is how the circadian clock is more influential in ALL's health. The sun has far more power than it's light. Have you ever noticed when you change time settings for Daylights Saving, that you see PE from feeders? As in all animals and plants, our clock is not man made, these anomalies speak to that truth. If this holds true, these corals spawn(climax to season end), send there seed. But what if the DNA is stronger than the man-made circadian clock, and these corals season is based of native waters sun clock?
See, bacteria, micro biome, trace minerals, are just our beginning understanding of these amazing creatures. I feel the rabbit hole is far deeper than we can wrap our minds around, at least for now, lol :)
Cheers, thanks for the follow :)

Unstoppable algae!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning!
Thank you for the kind words my friend!
The FM Rebiotic is something I will keep on the shelf. I do not find it to mess with nutrients, almost an alternative feed, as well as an innoculant. IMO it plays more of a role on the micro-biome balancing and feeding.
Of course having a diverse micro biome with proper chemistry is a recipe for success, as with their plant cousins in soil.
I am drawing major parallels between plants, humans, and our coral cousins, and how nutrients are processed. 2 key similarities include minerals(&trace)- and a healthy/diverse micro-biome.

And... I will go on record with saying that another anecdotal theory I am working on is how the circadian clock is more influential in ALL's health. The sun has far more power than it's light. Have you ever noticed when you change time settings for Daylights Saving, that you see PE from feeders? As in all animals and plants, our clock is not man made, these anomalies speak to that truth. If this holds true, these corals spawn(climax to season end), send there seed. But what if the DNA is stronger than the man-made circadian clock, and these corals season is based of native waters sun clock?
See, bacteria, micro biome, trace minerals, are just our beginning understanding of these amazing creatures. I feel the rabbit hole is far deeper than we can wrap our minds around, at least for now, lol :)
Cheers, thanks for the follow :)
Thanks for the reply I think I’ll give FM rebiotic a try! I also like how the recommended dose is monthly so I can continue adding KZ bacteria every few days.

I have a bacteria supplement for the garden -recharge and believe in gut health for humans, I always see similarities in the ”hobbies”

Keep the videos coming!! I hope to 1 day have sps growth like yours!

eg8r210

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perry, the tank is looking awesome and I have been enjoying the videos as well. Keep up the good work!

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the reply I think I’ll give FM rebiotic a try! I also like how the recommended dose is monthly so I can continue adding KZ bacteria every few days.

I have a bacteria supplement for the garden -recharge and believe in gut health for humans, I always see similarities in the ”hobbies”

Recharge, sounds like a re-amendment, how do you like it?

Recharge sounds cool, I will have to check it out. I am moving towards building my own soil and all organic amendments loaded up front for the season grow and bloom. I am a fan of berries and look to grow, bok choy, kale, other leafy greens. I also have an edible ginger plant and Tumeric plant from Thailand, that's on its 12th year :)

100% on the gut biome, I also brew kombucha too. It's a fun way to small batch brew different teas, playing with flavors. I haven’t made in awhile, but fermented cabbage is super easy and delicious :)

All the best my friend!!!

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perry, the tank is looking awesome and I have been enjoying the videos as well. Keep up the good work!

Thanks Ed, after all, you helped to inspire, so thanks for the kick in the pants, lol.
Hope all is well my brother!
Thank you for the kind words :)

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 40 47.6%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 7.1%
Back