My first ID...

Midwestclownfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought this as a blue agave, but it looks different from my others. Seduction maybe? Or just a regular ol agave? You decide!

ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1367864273.536026.jpg

ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1367864308.473746.jpg

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

bct15

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agave

bct15

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks more like a agave than a seduction but I think its a red halo

If I were to say if it resembles something besides a blue agave I'd suggest a red halo as well (I can't remember which one has the green mouth and which one doesn't for the life of me, but I had colonies of both at the same time), however the OP stated he bought it as a blue agave which insinuates it has lineage as a blue agave making it a blue agave (even one of the posters in this thread lectured me about polyp lineage, on top of a bunch of other crap, at one point because some polyps I said I had were identical to some other high priced polyp's but there was no way they were the same because they were not lineages to his tank). Before my crash I had blue agaves that all looked different in the same colony, some looked like this one. Infact, the same polyp would look different from month to month. Coral names are based on lineage, not on appearance.

This polyp is super nice and if the OP wants to call it something else, by all means he could call it something else, just don't stamp false lineage to it.

Last edited:

Mr. E Wrasse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I were to say if it resembles something besides a blue agave I'd suggest a red halo as well (I can't remember which one has the green mouth and which one doesn't for the life of me, but I had colonies of both at the same time), however the OP stated he bought it as a blue agave which insinuates it has lineage as a blue agave making it a blue agave (even one of the posters in this thread lectured me about polyp lineage, on top of a bunch of other crap, at one point because some polyps I said I had were identical to some other high priced polyp's but there was no way they were the same because they were not lineages to his tank). Before my crash I had blue agaves that all looked different in the same colony, some looked like this one. Infact, the same polyp would look different from month to month. Coral names are based on lineage, not on appearance.

This polyp is super nice and if the OP wants to call it something else, by all means he could call it something else, just don't stamp false lineage to it.

Naming unfortunately has become a huge part and has made the hobby pretty expensive. Its hard to keep up with all the names but the only reason I think this is a red halo is because I have both seductions and agaves which have green mouths and I know the red halo does not but like you said before polyps in the same colony can look like two different morphs so yyou never really know until you have a mature mini colony of at least 4 polyps

zooman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which ones are these?
raza7ara.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

zooman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or these... the morphs are endless.

de6e3emy.jpg

Mr. E Wrasse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or these... the morphs are endless.

de6e3emy.jpg

Those are seductions and the other ones look like it too, just not the same exact morph. Yeah its literally impossible to keep up. There are new zoas and palys being "discovered" daily. Welcome by the way!!!

Last edited:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 34.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back