My gen 5 xr15 blue review

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Joedubyk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First, I will say, in terms of LEDs, I believe Radions to be the gold standard, in terms of par, spread, growth, looks, etc... I have an acro dom tank.

I upgraded from the Gen 4, which I think is an amazing light. Ive had great sucess with it.

I'll make this easy with a PROS/CONS

Pros: The spread and par/power are great!
The corals ACTUALLY have more PE, so that more than likely means this should enhance growth and color somewhat. Others have noticed the same effect
Color on corals IS definitely better! There are some pieces that shouldn't have certain hues, but they do! Can't wait to see 6 months out

Cons:
The fans are a little loud, but they are better being as they are on top instead of sucking salt creep
Mobius is terrible! I really hate the design. it's not simple. it's confusing, and why did they get rid of the color presets? everyone is correct on mobius, it's really bad
The Gen 5 blues are a LITTLE bluey for my tastes. I'll probably get used to it, but I probably shouldn't of went with the pros.

Regardless, just given the coral response and the nicer pop to colors, Radions remain the gold standard for LED lighting! Just fix mobius pls lol

CJBuckeyes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Gen 5 blues are a LITTLE bluey for my tastes. I'll probably get used to it, but I probably shouldn't of went with the pros.

Did you run AB+ on your Gen4s? If so, does it appear more blue than that?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 32.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back