My little piece of the Ocean

branbray07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, just wanted to share my little piece of the ocean. This thing is finally clicking together and having good success with minimal issues , after a very very harsh start things are finally starting to click. I attribute most of the issues to starting the tank out with dry rock , instead of Live rock. This seems to be an ongoing issue with most of our systems nowadays. Before i forget, i want to thank all that have helped turn this thing around, specially @Perry and Adam from @Battlecorals . Their advise was key to the complete 180 of the system. Thanks to all.

OP
OP
branbray07

branbray07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bc bloodbath IMG_2268.jpeg

OP
OP
branbray07

branbray07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Jorge for the kind words, glad you are on track! Looking good brother!!!
Subscribed :)
Thank you my brother. Have more goodies from @Battlecorals coming next week. Cant wait to see what Adam picks out this time.

On a side note, caught 2 of my emerald crabs munching on my sps, ummm yea they are now in the lake behind my house as fish food.

OP
OP
branbray07

branbray07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Time for growth!!!. After horrible PH 7.8-8.0 since i started the tank almost 2 years ago, I decided to get a CO2 scrubber for @BRS and a recirculating lid from @FishOfHex . Also kicked up my Kalk dosing a bit, slowly!!! Up to about 2/3 of my evaporation, which is about 1 gallon a day. Fingers crossed.
IMG_2335.png
IMG_2336.png

OP
OP
branbray07

branbray07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok for you Apex wizards out there, i want to set my fans to turn on at the same time as my t5, and if the tank temp goes above 79F for any given reason. Is it possible? This is my current T5 schedule.
IMG_2344.png IMG_2343.png

OP
OP
branbray07

branbray07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Worked like a charm. Sorry im horrible sr apex programing. I was using a chiller on this outlet but decided to get some fans instead. Chiller was blowing hot air into the sump, and was causing my scrubber to burn thorough media FAST. So i went to these fans and wow temp is superrr stable even in this FL heat.

IMG_2436.png

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 165 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.7%
Back