• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

My Miami Growout #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

tangdiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to do this but think we need a couple more people or a higher amount vested?

I am willing to be the person who tries to bid on this coral. Last one was over $2000.

What about this one....I am thinking it will be $2500.

So if 10 people then would need $250 plus the $50 or so for shipping. But that could be paid at time of shipping.

I am willing to hold this coral and do this. Or if any trusted person that is great with chalices could do this also.

I am seeing if there is any more people willing to do this.

After the last growout of this coral is on the rocks more communications would have to be by the person doing this.

Also the responsiblity is high with the person doing this. I would say as soon as three eyes are present cut one, wait to heal and ship off in case one dies....we have a back up....and that person would start a new chain, with photos every other week showing the coral is progressing and growing and in good health.

Any takers?

Anyone but myself want to hold the first one?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
For the record REEF2REEF does not encourage or discourage group grow-outs. That being said R2R is not responsible for any loss of coral or money incurred by any persons who become involved in any group buys or grow-outs.

Thanks.

aerius007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe not my place to say, but shouldnt a grow out with that much invested come from somebody with more than 53 posts? No offense tangdiver, just an honest observation.

Elan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would be i think we need to make a plan for "what if" situations like a freak tank crash to just simple mistakes made.

cntryboi407

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After the last growout of this coral is on the rocks more communications would have to be by the person doing this.

??? I haven't heard anything bad coming out on this piece/frags that have been cut. Maybe if Vic or Jason is wandering around on here they can enlighten to this?

nismo_32

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dont think this is a good idea considering all the growouts ive seen here havent exactly been very sucessful.most people have lost their money and or the people doing the growout have disappeared or had some "freak accident" in which they couldnt even have the courtesy to take a picture. just my opinion but hey who im i to talk just do your homework before anything and good luck....

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey i would be interested int his, i would aslo volontear my tank to hold it. Please contact me i could also save us alot of money.

OP
OP
tangdiver

tangdiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe not my place to say, but shouldnt a grow out with that much invested come from somebody with more than 53 posts? No offense tangdiver, just an honest observation.

Hey non taken on this, that is why I said for anyone else to hold the piece. M&M has said he would not mind. Just to claify who I am, I am a marine biologist that has been doing saltwater for over 15 years. I have worked as a marine biologist at 5 very public institutions, including Mandalay Bay's Shark Reef, The Aquarium of the Americas (New Orleans), and 3 smaller places. I have been doing SPS for last 5 years sucessfully, pioneered treatments for Acro Eating Flatworms, Monti Nudi, and Zoo Nudi. I have also been keeping chalices before they were hot, over 5 years. I have been on RC for many many years, I used to own a pet shop and was on cutting edge until it fell upon hard times in a small town with limited reefers. Just a little about me, for the record.

OP
OP
tangdiver

tangdiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would be i think we need to make a plan for "what if" situations like a freak tank crash to just simple mistakes made.

Make the orginal holder post pics of tank, chems, and a breakdown...

Again every other week pics.

Get a piece to the second person on the list and start 2 distrbution lines in case one dies off.

Then when 2 people have it they pass on to 2 others. Then those 4 pass on to 4 others and then the next round those 8 should or could pass on to the next 8.....so could be a total of 16 people for this to lower costs.

Just ideas but need to move fast, on ebay with less than 5 days to go....

Just thoughts.

OP
OP
tangdiver

tangdiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the record REEF2REEF does not encourage or discourage group grow-outs. That being said R2R is not responsible for any loss of coral or money incurred by any persons who become involved in any group buys or grow-outs.

Thanks.

Trying new ways to lower costs to fellow reefers. I thank you for all you do with this site and that is why I moved over.

You are seeing a lot of jumpers from RC, due to some issues....

I am still over there also, never keep all eggs in one basket.

Grant

OP
OP
tangdiver

tangdiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey i would be interested int his, i would aslo volontear my tank to hold it. Please contact me i could also save us alot of money.

Is the last one still going?

I would be fine with that, see if more people, Phony, gadgets, Snipersps, Tubbs, ETC.

I would like to be one on the top to help make it go smoothly. I have little posts, but much experience, and love this hobby to much to mess it up with something like this not going right.

Grant

eggie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the best way to make a grow out is this way

1- One person buys the X coral grows it out
2- Make a 10 person waiting list
3- As soon as your willing to frag one eye contact the first person on the waiting list and as soon as the second party pays he gets the frag and continue with the second person on the list

This way nobody gets screwed with the money and no need to worry .
Just think about it how many grow outs have been succesfully here in R2R none that I cant think off

I know it sounds stupid but there are a lot of scams lately not meaning you directly but it has a lot of people worry on to make a grow out is worth it or not

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Grant no doubt you know your stuff buddy. I just have to post a disclaimer since many of the grow outs have went south.

OP
OP
tangdiver

tangdiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dont think this is a good idea considering all the growouts ive seen here havent exactly been very sucessful.most people have lost their money and or the people doing the growout have disappeared or had some "freak accident" in which they couldnt even have the courtesy to take a picture. just my opinion but hey who im i to talk just do your homework before anything and good luck....

??? I haven't heard anything bad coming out on this piece/frags that have been cut. Maybe if Vic or Jason is wandering around on here they can enlighten to this?

Just to clarify this, I think if done right and all agree to the terms, it can be done right, sucessfully, and save others money and time.

Again post some points, if you want to be part of this. If you have ideas on why not post also, but make it done in a constructive way like the people above have done.

thank you guys for being constructive.

Grant

OP
OP
tangdiver

tangdiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A lot of people are posting on bad growouts, I know of only 1.....the other my ......,

are there others....if so maybe this is a bad idea.

Grant

OP
OP
tangdiver

tangdiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the best way to make a grow out is this way

1- One person buys the X coral grows it out
2- Make a 10 person waiting list
3- As soon as your willing to frag one eye contact the first person on the waiting list and as soon as the second party pays he gets the frag and continue with the second person on the list

This way nobody gets screwed with the money and no need to worry .
Just think about it how many grow outs have been succesfully here in R2R none that I cant think off

I know it sounds stupid but there are a lot of scams lately not meaning you directly but it has a lot of people worry on to make a grow out is worth it or not

Hard for one to take the burden of the $2000 mark with this coral. On others, maybe yes.

If you start a chain, and 1 person splits and now 2 corals.....then the next split (if corals grow the sameish) then they pass on to the next 2....so then you will have 4 corals out there.....then when time to frag you will have 4 corals to pass on to the next.......then when time to frag you will have 8 to pass on and give to the last 8.....for a total of 16....

Again pics will be posted by all once you get your coral, will be done every other week. We can post the people that are not, here for a little peer pressure and such.

Just thoughts,

Grant

aerius007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A lot of people are posting on bad growouts, I know of only 1.....the other my ......,

are there others....if so maybe this is a bad idea.

Grant

Its not a bad idea if the right people are involved, most of us cant afford to buy a piece that expensive and something like this is the only way to get a piece. It would almost be a good idea to buy two frags for grow out in two different systems, of course that raises the initial cost it also adds a bit more insurance to the initial investors. Just an idea, with a piece this expensive it may not be a realistic to get two.

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like i said put me in line, if you would like me to work out a formal write out i will just letting every one in on how it will go down.

eggie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Grant welcome to R2R youll see this is a better place to be and youll notice that easy i hope to stay here and help others with your experience

Your idea sounds great but I personally have seen like 4 grow outs start and they all head south starting buy the person who starts the grow out never, posting after getting the money and dont keep posting on the frags status and finally disapering or just saying the tank crash or family problem B*** S*** thats the same story the hole time

I will like to join for the first time but will need a very good idea on how we are going to handel the growing

I was planning to buy a frag of it and just grow it out my self and as soon as it gets big start selling it to others but if there is some intrested I will join and risk the money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 20.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 170 72.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.1%
Back