• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

'My Miami' Growout

Viva'sReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
has anyone dropped out of the first 10? Looking like the 2nd list isnt getting any larger so I'm looking to move up to the first list

Pizzapro83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is getting stupied. I love getting the newest coral out. I don't mind paying if I want it but dang 1500!! There isn't much you can do but not pay it. The price will come down. Is it reallt worth spending that much for a eye??

Last edited by a moderator:

Ian

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1 eye + 2 already forming.

$3000 is how much I paid.

IMG_3432.jpg

:tongue:

Last edited:

nicks387

Premium member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
out

has anyone dropped out of the first 10? Looking like the 2nd list isnt getting any larger so I'm looking to move up to the first list

Yes. I am out from the first ten. You can hop right in....

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No offense, Nick. $3000 is how much I paid. Saw that it was getting crazy so I decided to keep it for myself. Take care guys and good luck with the growout.

Just curious -

You paid $3000 for a single, single eye frag?

If you actually paid $3k, I think eleborating on what you got is a good idea.

Nanofins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, I guess I missed out on all the drama today. Been at work all day and finally getting around to catching up. So much drama. I wasn't aware that Victor was allowed to sell before December. I'm starting to lose touch with how all of this is working out, and the deal amongst the current owners seems to be more and more fluid. I don't have the energy to keep track of all this breaking news. I guess that's to be expected with something like this though.

I still haven't heard from a lot of people by email. I'd like to know where we stand, and I'm only getting a small amount of input. I don't want Ryan or myself or just a few to be making the decisions for everyone without some sort of group approval. I personally have no interest in making decisions or being responsible for keeping track of everyone. I just want to grow some coral and spread it around. I'm up for growing this thing out and sending it to everyone if folks are on board for getting it. Still some details to be worked out.

That Crazy Fox does look awefully similar. Would be interesting to see that grown out too. I haven't heard from Jason, but given that he's probably busy counting his $$$$$ at MACNA, that's not surprising (that's not an insult--I'm kindof jealous).

Well, I'm pretty burned out from work today, but hopefully I'll hear from a few more folks by email tomorrow. Ryan, do you want to handle the email group once we have addresses, or how should that be handled? I can easily send you an email with everyones addy included or something.

snipersps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, I guess I missed out on all the drama today. Been at work all day and finally getting around to catching up. So much drama. I wasn't aware that Victor was allowed to sell before December. I'm starting to lose touch with how all of this is working out, and the deal amongst the current owners seems to be more and more fluid. I don't have the energy to keep track of all this breaking news. I guess that's to be expected with something like this though.

I still haven't heard from a lot of people by email. I'd like to know where we stand, and I'm only getting a small amount of input. I don't want Ryan or myself or just a few to be making the decisions for everyone without some sort of group approval. I personally have no interest in making decisions or being responsible for keeping track of everyone. I just want to grow some coral and spread it around. I'm up for growing this thing out and sending it to everyone if folks are on board for getting it. Still some details to be worked out.

That Crazy Fox does look awefully similar. Would be interesting to see that grown out too. I haven't heard from Jason, but given that he's probably busy counting his $$$$$ at MACNA, that's not surprising (that's not an insult--I'm kindof jealous).

Well, I'm pretty burned out from work today, but hopefully I'll hear from a few more folks by email tomorrow. Ryan, do you want to handle the email group once we have addresses, or how should that be handled? I can easily send you an email with everyones addy included or something.

Did you got my email?

OP
OP
nayrgaijin

nayrgaijin

Aquaculture Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zack, I don't mind any way I can help, if it relieves any stress from you man.

Viva, Zack (nanofins) wants to get a tangerine dreams frag for 400 from Jfox the same time we get the 'My Miami' if we are able to. That would be an extra 40 put down in the Growout. So basically we would get 2 BA frags for a ridiculously low price of 200 haha

Viva'sReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Zack, I don't mind any way I can help, if it relieves any stress from you man.

Viva, Zack (nanofins) wants to get a tangerine dreams frag for 400 from Jfox the same time we get the 'My Miami' if we are able to. That would be an extra 40 put down in the Growout. So basically we would get 2 BA frags for a ridiculously low price of 200 haha

WOOT!! Sounds good to me.

sps4mytank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so wait before i paypal...do we get both frags for the price mentioned? the my miami and the fox tangerine dreams? I want more of a clarification should i fork over xxx amount of money in this recession. But definitely something worth thinking ...considering I dont know any of the growers personally and if I give xxx amount would i even get the frag.

Nanofins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Jay, you know me. I sent you that Raspberry BubbleYum a while back, remember?

To answer the questions though, the idea is that IF we can get in touch with Jason and buy from him, we would want to get both the TD and the MM. Were that to work out, the combined cost is expected to be $190 per person, as the frags of TD were going for $400, so that's $40 for the TD, and $150 for the MM. If Jason isn't willing to work with us, then we may have to fall back on waiting till December for the auction and trying to win that. If we go the auction route, we have to be prepared to spend more than $1,500 to win, and that's something I'm trying to discuss with everyone here, as to how much each person is willing to put in. Considering a single frag of flamethrower, or jabawaki, or PB, or any of the other hot chalices goes easily for over $250, we should have some perspective on buying in on a new chalice like this.

It's also partly a numbers game. Yes, if we are doing this growout, we'll likely wait a year, having spent, say, $200 for a frag. Is this worth it? Keep in mind that if we wait, one has to try and figure where the price of the MM is going to be in a year, and whether it would be better to wait and straight up buy a frag then. Thing is, with our combined buying, the cost is almost definitely going to be better, even waiting that year. All the people who get frags now and over the next several months will eventually be selling frags, and the price will go down, but in that year it is unlikely that it will have come down to $150-200/frag. Very unlikely. Given the price now, and the trend with other chalices, it wouldn't surprise me if it was in the $300-400 per frag range at least, to buy from some of these other hobbyists. It still works in our favor to buy now, grow out, and then get frags in a year.

Last edited:

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 66 44.3%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 33.6%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 22 14.8%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back