• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

My wife’s making me sell this!!

Item Price
Various
Selling Terms Of Service
  1. YES I have read the terms and agree to them
Buyer Protection
  1. YES I agree and I understand that as a seller I may not ask for payment through platforms that do not offer buyer’s protection.
Thread Prefix?
  1. YES I have added pre-fixes to my thread title.
Shipping
YES shipping is available

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I had not read or heard this was allowed until just now ;

"EDIT: Venmo now offers payment protection, but it has to be selected for each transaction (the buyer has to click the button to turn it on). R2R does recognize and allow payments to be requested through Venmo with buyer's protection turned on."

But who has to turn on the Buyers Protection? The seller or buyer?

officialreefbros

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The buyer does. After you put in the amount and hit pay, on the credit card/bank account screen.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240308_075351_Venmo.jpg
    Screenshot_20240308_075351_Venmo.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 33

dethomas93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so I was wrong, here ya go folks
I did turn on buyer protection! Does contacting reef 2 reef get you anywhere? I contacted them a week ago but still no reply.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I did turn on buyer protection! Does contacting reef 2 reef get you anywhere? I contacted them a week ago but still no reply.
I apologize if you've hit a delay in response from us. We're trying to get a better system in place for responding to questions/concerns in general. The best and quickest way to handle these is to use the report feature at the bottom of the post where the incident occurred. This creates a report ticket that all of our moderating staff are alerted to and can help with addressing. However, I can maybe offer a little bit of guidance on this.

If you used buyer protection (which we ALWAYS recommend...in fact, it is a firm rule here that sellers are not allowed to ask for payment using unprotected methods), then you should reach out to Venmo directly. I've had one experience with them myself, and I can say they were very helpful.

As for R2R's part, we can look at the situation and take action if there is evidence that a scam is taking place by restricting or removing the scamming account. Unfortunately, this doesn't really help much on getting funds back (that's where PayPal/Venmo, your bank, or credit card companies are your best help), but it does do a lot to protect other members from such activity. We take scam reports VERY seriously and we do our best to act quickly to resolve those issues.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So we’re spring cleaning and wife wants it gone before she sells it at what I told her it was worth lol

Apex El $250 shipped
2x gyre xf330 with pro remote $220 shipped
2x radion g4 w mounts and reef link $380 shipped
Eshopps rs75 $140 shipped
Reefbreedes v2 with remote $ $300 shipped

@Not_Erick i need you to respond to this thread and let these good people know where their items are or send them back their money.

I also know you have multiple accounts. Message me or post in here and let’s get this handled the easy way.

Thank you.

dethomas93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Not_Erick i need you to respond to this thread and let these good people know where their items are or send them back their money.

I also know you have multiple accounts. Message me or post in here and let’s get this handled the easy way.

Thank you.
He was online yesterday. I sent him another message. Hoping for the best but expecting the worst.

rongy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
He was online yesterday. I sent him another message. Hoping for the best but expecting the worst.
He was online but never replied to anything or anyone. It’s safe to assume that we’re scammed. Hopefully he’s not here to collect evidence to fight with us in Venmo dispute

dethomas93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you started the process with Venmo yet to get your money back?
Yes I did. Even tried calling customer service multiple times but you cant get a hold of a real person ever. Still haven't heard back from them.

dethomas93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He was online but never replied to anything or anyone. It’s safe to assume that we’re scammed. Hopefully he’s not here to collect evidence to fight with us in Venmo dispute
The owner administrator mentioned he had multiple accounts so I'm assuming his only intent on here is to scam.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This member and all associated accounts have been banned. Please take all necessary, legal avenues to get your money back.

PLEASE DO NOT SEND ANYONE MONEY UNPROTECTED. THANK YOU.

rongy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Just want to post follow up here. My venmo case resolved in my favor and I got the money back. The scammer never replied to the dispute. I bet the scammer already took the money and Venmo is really the one that’s paying.

Still, I would recommend using PayPal with credit card as you get double protection. You can also do that in Venmo, but it charges you extra for using credit card

rongy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Does it charge the seller if you select protection with venmo? If it doesn't I can see this becoming popular.
Yes, it charges the seller, similar to PayPal. One down side is that you have to use your bank account as they charge extra fee for using credit card

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back