Nano tank from beginning until now...

MidwestReefer1989

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone,

I got a message from @revhtree about sharing my build and what not. I have had my tank for about 2 months and it has been an investment but it is finally getting to where I want it to be. The first two pics kind of show where I started until now (sorry they are on their sides). So I have a fluval 13.5 with some upgrades. I first upgraded the filtration system to the InTank media basket made for this specific tank and use chemipure elite as well as an additional phosphate bag and filter floss and some standard bacteria balls. I also upgraded from the stock lighting to a Red Sea Reef LED 50 that runs all the programs at the click of a button (if you have the money BUY!). It gives you some amazing new ways to interact and view your tank. The "Tank Blue" is the most recent photo as well as the "Tank Evolving" photo. As you can see I have added quite a bit of corals and rock anemones. I have the following: 1 Toadstool Leather, an Acan, Hammer Coral, Toxic Hammer/Frogspawn hybrid, 3 rock anemones, firework clove polyps, bubble corals, and an elegance coral. For fish I have 2 clowns, 1 orchid dottyback, 1 benggai cardinal, 1 firefish, 1 watchman goby and paired pincher shrimp. I have the standard mix for the clean up crew but mine involves a brittle star, blue leg hermits, and scarlet hermit crabs.

Overall, I couldn't be happier. This has been a hobby I have wanted to get into for a long time and I have had freshwater tanks my whole life. Once you get down the basics its easy to get hooked on adding adding adding. However, I am now at a point where I think I can let the tank develop. This week's battle has been diatoms and that is why the blue lights are running for a majority of the day.

Tank Starting Out (2).jpg Tank Starting Out.jpg Tank Blue.jpg Tank Evolving.jpg

OP
OP
MidwestReefer1989

MidwestReefer1989

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As of right now I don't use an auto top off system because it is fluctuating and so depending on the day I will either need to replace the saltwater or just top off with RODI. I have been looking at getting one, but for right now I like to have the control from day to day.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 57 40.7%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 72 51.4%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back