NEED HELP PLEASE!

JOSH2SIMMONS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning everyone, first time poster here and need some help with my new JBJ 65 Rimless setup. I need help setting up the filter media for this tank. It will be a FOWLR set up with a fairly low bioload. My plan is to have about 6 or 7 fish at most when it is fully stocked. 1 Bangai cardinal, 1 royal gramma, pair of clowns, yellow watchman goby and either an angel or something else that will get along with everyone in the tank. Everything is stock in the tank in regards to pumps, filter sock and filter media but I did add a eflux pump for flow since I have Current USA dual Marine IC lights and loop controller. I will be adding a protein skimmer into the back sump as well. My main question is what media works best and where do you have it? I have seen some people put the media in the same chamber as the socks and some people put it in the chamber next to the socks. Would you add chempure blue? Any help is much appreciated as I am fairly new to the hobby.
tank.jpeg
tank1.jpeg
tank2.jpeg
tank3.jpeg
tank4.jpeg

reefsaver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aqua Marin BioBricks are top of the line in the hobby, as for sump placement you can put it where ever, it's mainly after all to house organic bacteria. I would put as much as I could in my sump areas and have a really nice low profile aquascape ideally.

Df1577

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually don't run any dedicated biological media in my DT, just filter floss, carbon and a little GFO. Rockwork does all the biological filtration for me.

OP
OP
JOSH2SIMMONS

JOSH2SIMMONS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the feedback guys. Can I place the media in the same chamber as the filter sock? Also, any good suggestions for a skimmer? I was thinking either Tunze 9004 or Icecap K1-50.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 20.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 11 15.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 37 51.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 9.7%
Back