Need help, switching from radions

VintageReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Lots of reefers super happy with Radions, some aren't. You can't please everyone.
Ya I know. I was just poking with a stick

One lfs by me uses radions. For every coral tank. It’s successful for them

Another lfs uses sb black boxes over their coral tanks. And everything also looks great

I don’t think the main complaint with radions is the light itself, but instead the features/mobius being frustrating or having issues

Oh the other complaint I see is resulting from people buying xr15 when they should have got xr30’s

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm very happy with my kessil ap9x. creates a perfect rectangular spread and comes wifi-ready with no need for dongles, extra wires for controllers, etc.

Bruttall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree that the reefi lights are good but that chart is marketing hype. They have more leds but don’t mention the brand or watt of led? Are they using the latest cree 5w leds?

It basically says they use more leds of a lesser wattage compared to other brands that use less leds but higher wattage

Fyi I hit 120 par on my sandbed with 3 channels at 35% and 3 channels off.

I would agree that it’s a good led worth considering but I wouldn’t by anyone means say they smoke the competition.

For his 90g a single reefbreeders 48v2+ can be bought for $750 and would do a fantastic job, and two reefi would also do a great job but would cost $960
what's the warranty on reefbreeders? everyone seems to forget that part. Should also maybe follow that link I provided and look at the insides of the reefi, the heatsink and internals. I will say it again, BEST LIGHT AVAILABLE right now!!!

VintageReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Warranty is 24 months
I have seen it upgradable to 36 months

And I have had
Photon 48v1 - 2014 - 2020 daily run
Photon 32v1 - 2014-2018 daily run
photon 48v2+ - 2020-present daily run

For the 48v1 - still have the unit, works great, in storage in case I start another 48” tank

For the 32v1 - only stopped using it because I took the tank down. Swore to myself I’ll never sell this because of the extreme success I had and the 32v1s are absolute beasts with par. Like capable of 1200 or more at the surface and 400+ on sandbed

For the 48v2+ - I bought this used in 2020, and reefbreeders checked serial and confirmed it was under warranty and it’s transferable to new owner no questions asked

I had a remote glitch out in 2023 and they provided free troubleshooting and helped me reset it and fix it - no charge

I will also mention I bought the photon48v1 in 2014 and in 2015 they made a new version with better mounting legs. Mine was unfortunately incompatible with the new legs but I needed them. For FREE they advanced sent me a new photon 48 with the new mounting kit, and let me send back my 1 year old when I was ready. They did an advance replacement on a year old light that had no issues so my tank wouldn’t be without a light. That’s A+ service right there

VintageReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
saying they are the “best on the market right now” is ignorant and closed minded. I wouldn’t even say that about the reefbreeders or any other light

I will say it’s an excellent and easy choice for a 90g, it can grow anything anywhere, provides excellent spectrum and par, and has a good company that Supports their customers and stands behind the products

And it comes in cheaper than two reefi’s and keep in mind everyone has a budget and that might matter to the OP
V2 pro 879$
V2+ 749$
2xReefi 960$

Thank you @Reef Breeders for 9 years of lighting my tanks!

Last edited:

sheel be right

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
reef factory reef flares have a close spectrum to radions as shown by telegrahm. and they run like a dream for me.

Bruttall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
saying they are the “best on the market right now” is ignorant and closed minded. I wouldn’t even say that about the reefbreeders or any other light

I will say it’s an excellent and easy choice for a 90g, it can grow anything anywhere, provides excellent spectrum and par, and has a good company that Supports their customers and stands behind the products

And it comes in cheaper than two reefi’s and keep in mind everyone has a budget and that might matter to the OP
V2 pro 879$
V2+ 749$
2xReefi 960$

Thank you @Reef Breeders for 9 years of lighting my tanks!
Name another light with 270 watts power and a 3 yr warranty. BEST LIGHT ON MARKET CURRENTLY!! I'll keep saying it. The ignorant and close minded is not seeing the OBVIOUS in the reefi light. I get it, you're stuck on what you bought and feel the need to defend your purchase to justify it to yourself, but to say your light is as good as that Reefi, I say NO SIR it is NOT. Your light doesn't have the wattage, or the warranty, Simple Logic at work here.

1702125685520.png

In order to compare intensity of light and power, you need to use 2 reefi lab uno 2.0 vs 1 reefbreeders 48v2. This way your are comparing a Light Coverage area of 48x24 with BOTH lights. The reefbreeder will cost about $880 I guess (not available right now!) while the reefi lab will run ya $960 for the pair. Thats a comparable price range for me, but that is where the comparison ends, the reefi lab uno 2.0 x2 puts out 540 watts, the reefbreeder 240 watts. The Reefbreeders in a 48v has 88 lights, there are 228 lights in the reefi labs to cover same surface area. THERE IS NO COMPARISON!

You are trying to compare a Light Foot Print of 48x24 for over $880 to a 24x24 foot print light sold for $480. I hope I cleared things up a little for ya.

Here is my 8th month old Reefi-Labs uno 2.0 Lit 300g 8ft tank.

dec9.jpg

Last edited:

VintageReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nobody sounds like more of a fanboy than you. Walking infomercial

I would argue that for his 90g the dual reefi would be overpowered and he would not need to run them more than 20-30%, making the extra investment a waste of money

I have zero issues with light coverage or lack of par, and my tank is basically the same footprint and dimensions as his.

want proof of their success?

Now show me a professional level vendor using just reefi lights and if they are undeniably the best and you can’t find one then ask yourself why

HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH BULLIES IN YOUR TANK?

• I place the offender in an acclimation box for a period of time (jail).

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • I remove the offender entirely and reintroduce them at a later time (rehab).

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • I use the mirror method (a little reverse psychology).

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • I rearrange rock work (throw them off).

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • I don't tolerate bullies. Bye bye fishy!

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • I've never dealt with a tank bully.

Votes: 17 29.8%
  • Other (please explain!)

Votes: 7 12.3%
Back