Ecotech Radion Lighting Acclimation Mode confusion

  • Thread starter Thread starter reefsaver
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

reefsaver

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 31, 2021
Messages
560
Reaction score
430
Location
Victoria, Melbourne
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay I have a question that's been boggling me for a while.
Mobius has an acclimation mode. My current G6 XR30 intensity is 31%, I was hoping to slowly raise this to 40% to see how it would affect my reef.
My question is, if I leave my intensity currently at 31%, click on the acclimation mode and set it to 40%, it looks like it immediately gets brighter to the 40%? And it just confuses me. As a test I could set it to 100% in acclimation mode, and the lighting immediately gets brighter but I thought that acclimation mode meant it was going to slowly ramp up from my current setting, to the predesignated acclimation setting over a period of time? Am I missing something?
If anyone can explain it just so I feel a little more comfortable actually using the acclimation mode setting because I have literally just been raising the light intensity by 1% manually every few days, but I feel like an idiot for not using the acclimation mode for it's likely intended purpose.
Or is it only for when I bring home new coral or fish I can just hit that acclimation mode and it'll slowly ramp up from some specified percentage of my current intensity?
Any helps appreciated <3
 
Hi, you set 40% on the main intensity in the schedule page where you adjust the color etc, and then set the intensity to 31%(as a starting point) in the acclamation page.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new