Need help to identify a hitchhiker!

Liam's tank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know what this is? It's a little over a 1/4 inch long. If it's a bad guy I want to get it out of the tank while I can! Thanks.

IMG_0638.JPG

OP
OP
Liam's tank

Liam's tank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait till you see what else roams in the dark. Our tanks are full of critters.
I spend far too much time sitting in front of this tank, but I can't help it! Every night I discover a new life form, it's crazy. I'm new to saltwater tanks and I've had this tank up & running for about 8 weeks now. I chose to go with live rock and sand from Tampa Bay live rock and like I said there is something new EVERY day! A few days ago, a purple urchin showed up, I've been staring at this tank for hours every day and night for almost 8 weeks and never saw him before. The night before that a Florida Cucumber appeared. Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings.

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spend far too much time sitting in front of this tank, but I can't help it! Every night I discover a new life form, it's crazy. I'm new to saltwater tanks and I've had this tank up & running for about 8 weeks now. I chose to go with live rock and sand from Tampa Bay live rock and like I said there is something new EVERY day! A few days ago, a purple urchin showed up, I've been staring at this tank for hours every day and night for almost 8 weeks and never saw him before. The night before that a Florida Cucumber appeared. Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings.
Amazing thing about TBS rock and sand, isn't it? I recommend a red flashlight--it doesn't disturb a lot of the night inhabitants like white or blue light. And then you can watch the real freak show!

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
One of my favorite things to do! I also have a tank with Gulf Live rock, it's been up since February and I'm still finding new things! It's a lot of fun!

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 72 35.5%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 52 25.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 64 31.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.9%
Back