Need some advice changing from hydra 26's to 50 inch reefbreeder light.

Dylan McKenzie Holloway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I looked around a little and couldn't quite find what I was looking for so I figured I'd start a new thread. I recently purchased a reefbreeds 50 inch photon v2+ because I have decided i'm not a big fan of puck style lighting of the 3 hydra 26's I currently have over the tank due to shadowing and shading. I did have a recent Alk drop that seems to have ticked off a lot of my coral, zoas, sps, ect. It's been about a week since all that happened and things haven't quite got back to normal, but they are heading that way with minimal casualties!

My questions are, What is the best way to introduce this new light without further stressing my coral that are in the tank now? Would it be wise to hold off changing the light for a few more weeks until all my coral get back to being happy? Also, does anyone have any idea what intensity to run a 50 inch reefbreeders over a 48 inch long tank that 24 inches deep to get 300 par near the top and 150 near the bottom?

Thanks in advance to everyone who reads this! Have a great day, stay safe, and keep on reefing!

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would wait until your tank is stable before changing to photon, no need to further stress corals by changing lights.. you might want to check out our par database, I believe there are some photon entry's in the thread..

Back