Need some opinions on what to do with my new tank

120reefermadnes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a nice Deep Blue 57gallon with gl*******s overflow set up as a herbie overflow with tunze ato, eshopps 150 cone skimmer with sicce pump in an eshopps 300 refugium and a reef octopus media reactor with gfo and carbon, with 4 AI SOL blue what the heck black housing and with new controler.

My custom aluminum stand was fabricated by me and skinned with wood panels that pop off for easy access for maintenance, and custom light rails i also fabricated to were you can have total mobility without unscrewing just have to push the were you want them

Im looking for input on really nice collrful corals that arnt really sensitive and really requir constant attention(i know all coral needs aattentio)

OP
OP
120reefermadnes

120reefermadnes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have a BB tank with starboar and 2 mp40s

I was thinkin about lettin some corals grow on the starboar like monti or chalice maybe, whats everyones thoughts on that

OP
OP
120reefermadnes

120reefermadnes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No i have been in the hobby for about 4 years or so and have had great success with a 120 with all primarily acros and some monti.

rovster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you asking? Stock it with what you like. I like fancy named sticks, so I have a lot of those, LOL!

OP
OP
120reefermadnes

120reefermadnes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you asking? Stock it with what you like. I like fancy named sticks, so I have a lot of those, LOL!

Sticks are my favorite too thats wat my old tank was full of, i was just looking for the more hearty and less sensitive species to keep thats all

Pappy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sticks are my favorite too thats wat my old tank was full of, i was just looking for the more hearty and less sensitive species to keep thats all

Ummmm sticks and less sensitive coral is an oxymoron. All acro are sensitive to swings. So if you're looking for less sensitive sps specifically go with montis as they're more forgiving.

OP
OP
120reefermadnes

120reefermadnes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ummmm sticks and less sensitive coral is an oxymoron. All acro are sensitive to swings. So if you're looking for less sensitive sps specifically go with montis as they're more forgiving.

Thanks for your help but i know some acros are more sensitive than others such as say a birdsnest compared to some of the more depanding acros and same as is with zoas and other species as well i just wanted imput on named acros and zoas that are really colorful and do good for the most part as far as how hardy they are in captivity. Now im no expert by any means so i am in no way trying to imply anything i say is proven fact just from my personal experience with all type of acros and other sps and softys too i guess lol

AquamanE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I agree.

AquamanE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a nice Deep Blue 57gallon with gl*******s overflow set up as a herbie overflow with tunze ato, eshopps 150 cone skimmer with sicce pump in an eshopps 300 refugium and a reef octopus media reactor with gfo and carbon, with 4 AI SOL blue what the heck black housing and with new controler.

My custom aluminum stand was fabricated by me and skinned with wood panels that pop off for easy access for maintenance, and custom light rails i also fabricated to were you can have total mobility without unscrewing just have to push the were you want them

Im looking for input on really nice collrful corals that arnt really sensitive and really requir constant attention(i know all coral needs aattentio)

Pics

Pappy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your help but i know some acros are more sensitive than others such as say a birdsnest compared to some of the more depanding acros and same as is with zoas and other species as well i just wanted imput on named acros and zoas that are really colorful and do good for the most part as far as how hardy they are in captivity. Now im no expert by any means so i am in no way trying to imply anything i say is proven fact just from my personal experience with all type of acros and other sps and softys too i guess lol

I guess if as long as you stay aquacultured and not Mari or wild....
Slimer, bonsai, tricolor, birds nest.
As far as "named" sps are gonna be expensive and small. The majority of these are much more temperamental. Stick with above mentioned and then go after the high end once success is reached.

It's always good to have a monti ime too as they are a gauge quickly what is going on too.

ReeferEric

Resident Reef Junky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didn't realize you were on here Doug. Like I said today when I went to go pick up the stand, I've got some nice frags for you!!

Shameless plug, he built this for me:

12161967683_573e88d6c1_z.jpg

Coming soon!
12162179494_268b36d0ef_z.jpg

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 57 40.1%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 74 52.1%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back