Need some opinions

Discussion in 'Aquascape Discussion' started by Annelise, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Annelise

Annelise Active Member

Hey guys, so long story short, this was an emergency build, so the rock work needs a little work, lol. What would you all suggest? I will definitely get some more dry rock in the future to make the wall taller. 29 standard. IMG_1108.JPG

Captain Quint likes this.

2. hdsoftail1065

hdsoftail1065 Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Partner Member 2019 Build Thread Contributor Hospitality Award

You might want to check out the sticky threads at the top of the link below, you will find some great scape ideas. I think the 2 island thing would look good. Your big red Rock and a smaller one on one side And all the others on the other side. Just taking a stab at it, I'm not the craftiest or most artistic person either. :)

https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/aquascape-discussion.1028/

3. Waters

Waters "...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall." R2R Supporter Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor

I personally would take out the two hot dog looking rocks and the rock on the right and then add some smaller pieces. You don't want a lot of large pieces in a "smaller" tank. Also, your clam isn't looking so good ;):)

Captain Quint and hdsoftail1065 like this.
  4. hdsoftail1065

hdsoftail1065 Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Partner Member 2019 Build Thread Contributor Hospitality Award

Drawbacks of using my phone! I didn't spot the clam! New glasses and bigger screen is in order!

Captain Quint and Waters like this.
  5. Captain Quint

Captain Quint Plank Owner of the Orca R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award R2R Secret Santa Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor Hospitality Award

I see you've recently joined us and I'd like to welcome you to R2R.

I see some really good base rock to use on the left and one on the right with the flat on the bottom with the tall peak of the rock being placed atop rising up and incorporating that nice branch in somewhere and just playing with it to your liking. You have some beautiful rock to utilize for sure. It would be fun.

Not sure what I'd do with the big clam shell.

Glad to have you here and thank you for the pic. Please show us some of your rock formations once you are pleased. :)

Annelise and hdsoftail1065 like this.
  6. Annelise

Annelise Active Member

I actually really like the 'hot dog' rock, haha. It's very unique. And, The clam isn't alive, I got the skeleton as a decoration from the LFS :)

Captain Quint and hdsoftail1065 like this.
  7. Captain Quint

Captain Quint Plank Owner of the Orca R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award R2R Secret Santa Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor Hospitality Award

I tried...it looks nice. :)

GLW your build and 'hot dog' rocks then. lol

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    Annelise likes this.
  8. Waters

Waters "...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall." R2R Supporter Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor

As @Captain Quint stated.....whatever you like is what is important. I knew the clam wasn't alive btw lol :)

9. Annelise

Annelise Active Member

Oh

10. Annelise

Annelise Active Member

So here's what the aqua-scape looks like now, I actually added ANOTHER "hot dog" rock, lol. It looks crowded in the picture, but the rocks are just in the middle of the tank so I can see behind everything, lol.

IMG_4929.JPG