User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man! That stinks!

Those should have had a heat pack.

I had a completely (I thought) white forest fire digi recover though.
HEy man

Yeah- he's making good on it. Free replacements and a bunch of free 3 head acan frags (4-5 different colonies), and store credit refund for the Blasto that survived. Seems like a good business strategy, lol

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tomi tang is in observation for 6 more days- then graduates to DT.

Hanging out with Molly (collective, like the Borg)

IMG_2101.JPG

IMG_2100.JPG

She's been through Modified TTM, then 12 days NFG for a mouth 'ulcer' that I think might be lympho, and she's been hanging with Molly for 2 weeks in the 20l. She has two tiny little white cysts that developed on her right fin, but not much I can do.

Colour is looking great and she's eats anything I put in there. Introduction day to Santos (purple tang) and Michael J foxface is my next concern.

Bought some new pens for my QT labels- much more better!
IMG_2095.JPG

Moved my struggling mint tip torch back to Qt to see if she'll recover from the worm bites. She didn't really do much other than exist in the DT- maybe some personal attention for a few weeks will perk her up a bit

IMG_2097.JPG

Blastos again

IMG_2098.JPG

Pulled the trigger on something big too- but im not telling. It's a surprise, lol

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ooh, Neil, I love the new pens! What are they?
Surprises suck! I wanna know now! ;Hilarious
THese guys

Green Light Innovations Dry Erase Markers - with 6 x 4mm Fine Point Fluorescent Neon Marker Pens for LED Message Boards, Whiteboards, Windows - Instant Impact for Daily Notices – Low-Odor, Easy Clean

Haha, no. Not telling. But it is going to be awesome

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg

Not related to the surprise but another project I'm starting this week
Very cool! I see where you are going with this! but do not put a coral nipper in the tank! I had to remove all the foam I used to secure rocks. I thought I got it all out. BUT when I took the tank apart a billion nip sized foam globs came floating out from under some rock formations. It was hilarious and so hard to clean out!

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool! I see where you are going with this! but do not put a coral nipper in the tank! I had to remove all the foam I used to secure rocks. I thought I got it all out. BUT when I took the tank apart a billion nip sized foam globs came floating out from under some rock formations. It was hilarious and so hard to clean out!
LOl- i don't know what any of this means

WHats a coral nipper? A beestie or a tool? And why did you have to remove all the foam?

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
angel fish who have that extending beak like bite will taste anything. And my queen angel loved to nip the foam and spit it out! So I had to remove all the awesome rock formations that I made. And then 3-4 years later when I broke the tank apart I found a snow storm of a billion pieces floated up to the water surface and stuck to everything. I wish I had been recording the take down.

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
angel fish who have that extending beak like bite will taste anything. And my queen angel loved to nip the foam and spit it out! So I had to remove all the awesome rock formations that I made. And then 3-4 years later when I broke the tank apart I found a snow storm of a billion pieces floated up to the water surface and stuck to everything. I wish I had been recording the take down.
Whaaaaaaattttt!

That is wild. Thanks for the tip!

I'm doing a 7" tall 28" wide rock face. Edge to edge. Bringing it forward 14"... that's a 28x7x14" sand bed in back for some garden eels...

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tomi tang is in observation for 6 more days- then graduates to DT.

Hanging out with Molly (collective, like the Borg)

IMG_2101.JPG

IMG_2100.JPG

She's been through Modified TTM, then 12 days NFG for a mouth 'ulcer' that I think might be lympho, and she's been hanging with Molly for 2 weeks in the 20l. She has two tiny little white cysts that developed on her right fin, but not much I can do.

Colour is looking great and she's eats anything I put in there. Introduction day to Santos (purple tang) and Michael J foxface is my next concern.

Bought some new pens for my QT labels- much more better!
IMG_2095.JPG

Moved my struggling mint tip torch back to Qt to see if she'll recover from the worm bites. She didn't really do much other than exist in the DT- maybe some personal attention for a few weeks will perk her up a bit

IMG_2097.JPG

Blastos again

IMG_2098.JPG

Pulled the trigger on something big too- but im not telling. It's a surprise, lol

Pulled the trigger on something big huh? Sounds dangerous, for your own safety I think you're going to have to tell us what it is so we can approve of it being safe :)

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pulled the trigger on something big huh? Sounds dangerous, for your own safety I think you're going to have to tell us what it is so we can approve of it being safe :)
I have it on good authority that there are several in circulation at this time and no reports of missing fingers or other injuries, lol

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have it on good authority that there are several in circulation at this time and no reports of missing fingers or other injuries, lol

Hummm I'm willing to bet your sources aren't to be trusted, but don't worry, you can trust us, so spill :) :p

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 42.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back