OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Katie literally just asked if it's possible to add a second biggish tank and plumb it into the same sump. She really wants a dogface puffer. LIke, really.

Of course, (with tongue in cheek) I said it only really works if you balance the volumes of the two tanks, so it'd have to be at least 125 bit a 180 would be better...

I'm sitting here watching her trying to figure out why that would matter and why they had to match, lol. So I preemptively just said "you have to have consistent backflow through the pump when you shut one system off otherwise you flood the sump chamber and that'd be real bad".

She's even more confused now, lol. I think I might be able to keep that sort of thing up for a couple days before she cottons on

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of course, now I've started to think through the macro fuge rescape- I'm second guessing the idea of having a 7" deep sandbed.

The back section will be 28x7x14, so not an insignificant amount of sand.

I want to try turtle grass at the back whIch needs the deeper sand, but I don't want to risk the rest of the tank for it

Should I stick with the DSB, or design a raised plenum to turn the back part 2" sand bed. Obviously I'd need a pump behind the wall to prevent water stagnation which add complexity

Uugghh

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rotten. I like your style!
Of course- I took a page out of you guys hair salon pics earlier... I took a #0 razor to my head this afternoon... didn't tell Katie, just went downstairs and started prepping dinner... about 15 minutes later , C just looks me dead in the eye from the couch, and said 'Moo-ooooooom, where is daddies hair?' Lol

So, I've gone from a 10 week 3" grow-out on top, and a 2" beard, to a full on Kojak with a 2" beard which stops just at the ear line

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of course- I took a page out of you guys hair salon pics earlier... I took a #0 razor to my head this afternoon... didn't tell Katie, just went downstairs and started prepping dinner... about 15 minutes later , C just looks me dead in the eye from the couch, and said 'Moo-ooooooom, where is daddies hair?' Lol

So, I've gone from a 10 week 3" grow-out on top, and a 2" beard, to a full on Kojak with a 2" beard which stops just at the ear line
We demand pictures! LOL! I shaved my goatee two weeks ago and already grew it back. The isolation boredom continues.

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Super duper high tech ATO for coral QT...

IMG_2102.JPG

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So will mollies breed in saltwater? If so I can see them being great in a refugium. Mollies eat the algae that grows in the fuge, make babies, babies feed the reef?
TO answer that question- yes! Yes they can

One of my QT mollies has been dropping babies, and I think Tomi and the other two mollies have been eating them..,

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Energy Audits, because I'm a Numbers guy. Got myself a kill-o-watt meter

Georgia power is billing us at $0.10/kWh

Phyto farm: LED panel for 1 'growth chamber'

20W, 0.48amps- 16/8 cycle. That 16 hours costs me $0.036. That works out to $1.08/ month, $12.96/yr.

Doing heaters over next 24 hours. I think there's 350w worth of eheim jaegers in the return chamber.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 139 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.1%
Back