Neon green candy cane coral head died

Sdbuehler1

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 31, 2021
Messages
411
Reaction score
610
Location
Berryville
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a neon green candy coral that has grown from 2 heads into 6 but recently one of the heads died while the rest of the coral continues to grow new heads. Has anyone experienced this? Should I trim the dead head down to the base or let the rest of the coral grow over it?

2573CB6C-5908-42D0-9AA6-7AF8044BFA79.jpeg
 
I have a neon green candy coral that has grown from 2 heads into 6 but recently one of the heads died while the rest of the coral continues to grow new heads. Has anyone experienced this? Should I trim the dead head down to the base or let the rest of the coral grow over it?

2573CB6C-5908-42D0-9AA6-7AF8044BFA79.jpeg
Sometimes, if there’s a bit of flesh, they make a comeback. My pistol shrimp got ahold of my trumpet and it basically declined to the same state as yours from being a healthy coral due to being used as a bulldozer/cave entrance. Stuck the skeleton on a frag rack and let it be and it’s on the mend now.
 
Update: trimming the dead off worked like a charm. Fast forward a year and a half later and it has quadrupled in size.

IMG_1257.jpeg
Glad to see it has grown that much!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 37.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new