• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

NERO 3

OP
OP
BruceLeyrer

BruceLeyrer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No offense to anyone, but I've gotten a few offers here; that would run me around $150 used. Amazon is selling them new for $163. I'm not trying to low ball anyone or anything, but for $10 more I could get a new one with a warranty. Did I miss something, or does the price new fluctuate? Genuinely curious, not stirring the pot.

boogiesnap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No offense taken here for sure. I’m new, don’t know used market for gear too well yet…with that said, looks like $150 is about the going price used. For mine, and I’m not sold on selling, but if you want it I’d sell, it’s been in the water only a couple weeks so practically new.
i only see $209 for a Nero3 on Amazon.
Regular retail is $190 I think plus tax so you save @ 50 bucks used.

OP
OP
BruceLeyrer

BruceLeyrer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
There's a listing showing $163 on my end. If that's not the going rate, I may just jump on that.

boogiesnap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If that’s the case ya man! But I’d be wary it’s legit…MAP products are strict. The price is the price for everyone so someone selling for 30 bucks lessshould be scrutinized carefully before purchasing. Just my 2.

ronnie

Acro addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Even at the $179 MAP I’d still go with that to reduce any headaches (which is why I bought one new). I will say that these are worth the value though. I stuck mine on the back wall of my AIO, not something a vortech can do. And it’s about half the depth of a vortech so its lower profile blends well. And it’s adjustable.

All that to say: definitely worth the pick up new or used! GL

OP
OP
BruceLeyrer

BruceLeyrer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This would be my second Nero 3. But back when I bought my original one from BRS, they were like $150. I get inflation and such, but sheesh. The AI prime 16s jumped up $40 too. Market is nuts.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back