New Acrylic Display Bubbles in seams?

DaJMasta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you notice them before adding water? Are they actually even attached to the tank, or are they just stuck in the corner?

I'd baste them or point some flow at them and see if they go away - especially before agitation and biofilm, bubbles just stick to the corners and sides more than a fully operational tank, and those don't look like they're actually part of the acrylic work at all to me.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you notice them before adding water? Are they actually even attached to the tank, or are they just stuck in the corner?

I'd baste them or point some flow at them and see if they go away - especially before agitation and biofilm, bubbles just stick to the corners and sides more than a fully operational tank, and those don't look like they're actually part of the acrylic work at all to me.
They are from fabrication and mostly on the outside where the solvent gassed out.. unsightly sure but a problem no..

OP
OP
F

fishndive121

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Them pictures are exaggerating it I promise you! I do it for a living and I’m sure I could pick any acrylic tank apart you own and you’d never notice what I see..
I respect your opinion however there is no other way to show the bubbles which run every seam without getting close to take a picture.

OP
OP
F

fishndive121

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hey Daj,
They are in the seams of the tank on every seam below the water-line.

OP
OP
F

fishndive121

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Attachments

• IMG_3157.jpeg
    IMG_3157.jpeg
    81.1 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_3156.jpeg
    IMG_3156.jpeg
    135.9 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_3155.jpeg
    IMG_3155.jpeg
    103.1 KB · Views: 53

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s on both outside and inside.
The outside is where it gassed out and they flush cut the acrylic and it left small air pockets. The inside is where it gassed out and melted the acrylic. Normal during acrylic fabrication. Im not sure if they used solvent or resin but the joints are structurally sound regardless and look good, minus the micro bubbles.

OP
OP
F

fishndive121

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The outside is where it gassed out and they flush cut the acrylic and it left small air pockets. The inside is where it gassed out and melted the acrylic. Normal during acrylic fabrication. Im not sure if they used solvent or resin but the joints are structurally sound regardless and look good, minus the micro bubbles.
Awesome! That’s what I was trying to understand. Thanks for your time man!

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 55 77.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.6%
Back