NEW! AquaMaxx ConeS HOB Protein Skimmer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
This looks like what I've been waiting years for. Do you have these in stock? I checked their website and didn't even see it listed yet.

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score

atlorange

View Badges
Reaction score
Anyone try this out yet. Looks promising. Wondering about overflows. I really don't need a flood in my office.

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
Anyone try this out yet. Looks promising. Wondering about overflows. I really don't need a flood in my office.

We've sold a dozen but only one user review on our site thus far:

Powerful Skimming! by STEVEN SILVA

Product_Review_5.gif
Excellent!

Posted: 8/2/2014 from Goddard, KS UNITED STATES Experience Level: Expert

Comments: This is really an in sump skimmer put in a box! It's big and powerful! It's already pulling gunk on a skimmed tank that my other skimmer was missing! Hands down the best skimmer I have ever owned! Good bye spray injection and hello needle and cones!!

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score

I've had it for about a month now. It is a great skimmer. Really pulls out the gunk. I'm currently running mine on the dry side. I wouldn't worry about flooding anything. The only issue I have with it is I have large bubbles coming out the outlet. Aquamaxx hasn't been able to offer a solution. I'm thinking the outlet pipe is too short but I haven't had time to find a longer piece to try.

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
Any chance one of those beauties might be raffled in the near future? *hint hint*

I usually would provide a glimmer of hope because, hey, you never know! But the reality is these skimmers are too in demand for it to make to make fiscal sense at the moment. However, the frequency we're getting shipments has increased, so I wouldn't rule anything out, but I personally don't foresee a raffle happening until supply increases or popularity decreases.

On the giveaway front, we've teamed with API to give away $500 worth of aquarium goodies during the month of August. Click the banner below to check out the prizes for week 1 and to enter.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back