Not open for further replies.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello Reef2Reefers!

We hope this message finds you well and enjoying the vibrant discussions on our forums. Reef2Reef was founded on the simple premise to develop a warm, friendly, suitable place to gather and discuss this hobby for people of all ages, backgrounds, and experience levels. The “Be Nice” policy is something we take very seriously.

As our community continues to grow, it's important for us to maintain an environment of respect and camaraderie among all members. We want all members to feel welcome and comfortable as they express their hobby experiences, opinions, etc. We rely on the goodwill and etiquette of our community for this in your responses to one another.

Recently, we've observed a concerning trend regarding the use of emojis, particularly the "laughing" emoji. While emojis are meant to enhance communication and express reactions in a positive manner, we've noticed instances where the "laughing" emoji is being misused as a tool for trolling and mockery.

Effective immediately, we are implementing a new rule regarding the use of emojis on our forums:

Rule: Respectful Emoji Usage
  • Emojis should be used to express genuine reactions and sentiments in a respectful manner.
  • The "laughing" emoji should only be used to indicate genuine laughter in response to humor or lighthearted content.
  • Using emojis, including the "laughing" emoji, to mock, ridicule, or troll other members is strictly prohibited.
  • Violation of this rule may result in disciplinary action, including the loss of account privileges, loss of the ability to use emojis, or other measures as deemed appropriate and necessary by the administration.
We understand that humor is subjective, and what one member finds amusing, another may not. However, it's crucial that we uphold a standard of mutual respect and understanding in our interactions.

If you come across any instances of inappropriate emoji usage or experience any form of harassment on the forums, please don't hesitate to report it to the moderation team. We are here to ensure that our community remains a welcoming and enjoyable space for all.

Thank you for your cooperation in adhering to this new rule. Together, we can foster a positive and welcoming environment where everyone feels valued and respected.

Griev

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am completely and totally shocked that nobody has reacted with a laugh yet lol

1000008685.gif

Reefering1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you come across any instances of inappropriate emoji usage or experience any form of harassment on the forums, please don't hesitate to report it to the moderation team.
So, hypothetically speaking, how does one report getting their feelings hurt because someone laughed at them? And what if the laugher IS a mod?(asking for a friend;-)

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am completely and totally shocked that nobody has reacted with a laugh yet lol
I concur that the use of the laughing emoji is completely appropriate in this thread.

Reefering1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know. I don't understand. I take emojis with a grain of sand. This felt like an april fools joke. But it's almost may.

Sorry.
People are jerks, sounds like they can/will implement restrictions on the biggest of the jerks. I think it's ridiculous that adults even have to have the talk about laughing AT each other. It ironic/funny that the thread about not laughing AT each other is litered with laughing emojis

CO2TLEY

Saltaholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People are jerks, sounds like they can/will implement restrictions on the biggest of the jerks. I think it's ridiculous that adults even have to have the talk about laughing AT each other. It ironic/funny that the thread about not laughing AT each other is litered with laughing emojis
you put a laughing emoji at what i said… if you find a laughing emoji to be offensive or disrespectful maybe you need to grow up…

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We don’t have too many people who abuse it but there are those who troll with emojis. They follow others around laughing at everything they say. Those people are going to lose their ability to use emojis and or lose their ability to post altogether. But yes, it’s like babysitting adults. We’re.not going to do it anymore. There are a few other things we’re cracking down on too. People want to come here to talk about reefing, not be harassed or to run into gatekeepers or inappropriate content.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Miami Reef

10K Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve seen a lot of instances where people misuse the laughing emoji to be snarky or sarcastic. It’s extremely annoying.

I’m all for this rule. I had a member (now banned) that kept harassing my posts (and other’s) with the laughing reaction. It’s only funny when you’re not the butt of the joke.

I’m all for this guideline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 173 67.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back