ClearView Aquarium Lids Master Thread - It all started RIGHT HERE!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Trigun470

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apparently, you have not read all the posts stating days to months over due. Perhaps you should take a few minutes to go through the dozens of cases they failed to ship within 6 weeks, which they state "ships withing 6 weeks." That's not ambiguous to me. Within means the confines of said time, not a second after. All the aforementioned would not be in issue if they gave updates, I would wait longer had they just gave me some correspondence. I am guessing you have stock in the company? Please enlighten me why you are so defensive on a subject you care not to inform yourself? Furthermore, they have not responded to any of my calls nor emails. So yeah not company the month if you ask me. 50 days not one peep. Maybe you like to give some stranger your money and have them sit on for months, I do not particularly. @deaclauderdale
One of the reason I'm holding out on purchasing their lids.... "No Customer Support" I think there are few other companies out there that makes acrylic lids

Evan Williams

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ArtFully Acrylic y I tried reaching out to you, as you do not answer phones I have no choice but to post this here. I received my lid today; this product is unacceptable. 1. It does not fit it is off by more than an 1/8 of an inch, and it is about as square, as my pinky. 2. The edges are rough, it looks like it was cut by a dull hacksaw, I am guessing you need new cutter. 3. The netting is not straight. Please see the photos below. Lastly, the requested modifications for the powerheads were not done. I am trying to be nice here, however not only is the product late, it looks horrible. I mean honestly the photos do not accurately depict how horrible this product looks. AAIC 6412

IMG_0110.jpg

IMG_0111.jpg

IMG_0112.jpg

Last edited:

Evan Williams

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ugggggggg sorry dude..... another post kinda why I have not moved forward with an order.

I really wish I had not ordered from them. You cannot get a hold of anyone easily. I recieve this late and it’s obvious they are rushing the products because they are so behind. I am furious that, someone thought it was ok to send a jagged crooked-cut lid. I still haven’t heard back from them regarding this issue, or the fact that it was late. I was waiting to stock my tank with known jumpers. Now I am right back to nothing. RUNNNNNN, save yourself @jld @ArtFully Acrylic still awaiting your response

Last edited:

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I'm glad I got in and ordered my top early.
My top fits perfectly, the inside edges are clean, although they aren't polished, but you don't see that part.
Overall I'm happy with the product, and as Artfully Acrylic told me when I ordered I should expect a 6 week wait.
I even pleaded with them to speed that up because I didn't plan out my build and had jumpers already in my tank.
But it was the full 6 weeks and a day.

Evan Williams

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm glad I got in and ordered my top early.
My top fits perfectly, the inside edges are clean, although they aren't polished, but you don't see that part.
Overall I'm happy with the product, and as Artfully Acrylic told me when I ordered I should expect a 6 week wait.
I even pleaded with them to speed that up because I didn't plan out my build and had jumpers already in my tank.
But it was the full 6 weeks and a day.

I was not exactly expecting polished, but it looks as if some used a blunt axe to carve it out; up next to the straight glass it is extremely noticeable. Also, the edge is not straight. Then they forgot holes to get wires out. Oh, and it’s not the right size. I do not think they are worth the gamble, IMO. The worst part is trying to get a hold of someone. I am certainly not waiting another 2 months for the same product. I don’t know what to do now.

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was not exactly expecting polished, but it looks as if some used a blunt axe to carve it out; up next to the straight glass it is extremely noticeable. Also, the edge is not straight. Then they forgot holes to get wires out. Oh, and it’s not the right size. I do not think they are worth the gamble, IMO. The worst part is trying to get a hold of someone. I am certainly not waiting another 2 months for the same product. I don’t know what to do now.
They goofed up my last lid, sounds similar to yours...instead of the inside measurement they used the outside measurement so the lid sat on the tank and they forgot the cut out for powerhead wires. They confirmed the screw up on their end and I had a replacement within about a week.

Evan Williams

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They goofed up my last lid, sounds similar to yours...instead of the inside measurement they used the outside measurement so the lid sat on the tank and they forgot the cut out for powerhead wires. They confirmed the screw up on their end and I had a replacement within about a week.

I appreciate the response glad they sent out a replacement for you. I am just hoping they contact me soon. I understand things happen but this is negligence and poor quality control. It would have taken two minutes to verify measurements. Furthermore, it is visibly not cut right.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I appreciate the response glad they sent out a replacement for you. I am just hoping they contact me soon. I understand things happen but this is negligence and poor quality control. It would have taken two minutes to verify measurements. Furthermore, it is visibly not cut right.

Did you JUST join this forum to complain? Wow.

Evan Williams

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you JUST join this forum to complain? Wow.

I joined to get ahold of a company that only responds to public messages to save face. Why are you attacking me? You friends of Artfully acrylic, or did you buy a lid and feel you need to defend your purchase? This is a thread dedicated to a company producing products.

Last edited:

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I joined to get ahold of a company that only responds to public messages to save face. Why are you attacking me? You friends of Artfully acrylic, or did you buy a lid and feel you need to defend your purchase? This is a forum dedicated to a company producing products.

Your posts just seem a bit desperate. Its been four days. Give it a break. This is a forum dedicated to reef-keeping by the way: hence "Reef2Reef" ;)

Evan Williams

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An
Your posts just seem a bit desperate. Its been four days. Give it a break. This is a forum dedicated to reef-keeping by the way: hence "Reef2Reef" ;)

I became a member as I thought this was forum dedicated to reef keepers, not companies. I just started in the hobby is why my account is new. This particular thread is dedicated to a company I have a problem with, as well as numerous users. I am merely replying to people. So please leave me alone.

Scubabum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered my second lid from Artfully acrylic as my first lid was perfect for my Red Sea Reefer 525xl. It has been 7 weeks since I placed my order. I don't mind being patient for a beautiful lid. Sorry to those who have had a bad experience. I'm sure they will make it right.

mwilk19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An

I became a member as I thought this was forum dedicated to reef keepers, not companies. I just started in the hobby is why my account is new. This particular thread is dedicated to a company I have a problem with, as well as numerous users. I am merely replying to people. So please leave me alone.
If you don't get a response soon, send them a certified letter, return receipt requested. It's kind of hard to ignore that.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An

Eleven out of your eleven posts are complaining about the lid. So please quit the spam and just await a response like a normal person. :rolleyes:

Evan Williams

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eleven out of your eleven posts are complaining about the lid. So please quit the spam and just await a response like a normal person. :rolleyes:

Are you kidding me? I am conversing with people about the product. The only one spamming is you. You guys are trying to bury my posts. I see.

Evan Williams

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1063.JPG
Member since June 2016, just finished replacing screen. It has served me well. My metal halides, I think, has caused the screen to deteriorate, plus salt creep from splashing wrasse and the micro bubble cleaning. My wrasse jump around so much I'm hesitant to take it off and out side to hose it down, for fear I'll return and find a fish on the floor and it seems they know when it's off. The message goes out " everybody out of the pool" lol. I digress, I'm having the same problem as TheHarold, could you do me this same favor

Send us an email to [email protected] and we will set you up with a locking door at the lower price of a replacement standard door with free shipping.

Anyone with experience on this? Thanks!

I saw this post might be of help to you @3mm3

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

• I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • Other.

Back