New coral or fish?

Zoalover34

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone around get any new corals or fish latlely? Hasn't been much posting in here so thought I would ask.. Post some pics of what ya picked up!

kev2me

Zoaddiction
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fiance Erika picked these up at the Indy Swap on Saturday while I manned the table we had:

Safecracker - Balis
Safecracker_Balis.jpg

We've been looking for Eagle Eyes forever now but always seem to get Watermelons instead.

True Eagle Eyes and what she thought were some green zoa other than RDEs... But are.
Eagle_Eyes_n_RDE.jpg

She picked up this Acan from the guy that won the Solana
Speckled_Green_Acan.jpg

Picked up this fuzzy finger leather for the seahorses:
Fuzzy_Leather.jpg

Also traded with Hooked and got a Poseidon's Fury zoo that came from Elite Reefs... Don't have a pic of that though.

Then we went to Phishy and Reef Systems on Sunday since we apparently didn't get enough saltwater excitement from Saturday.

Erika picked out these acans from Todd at Reef Systems:
Reef_Systems_Acan.jpg

We picked out another leather for the seahorses from Reef Systems. One of our yellow clown gobies has decided he likes it:
YCG_in_Leather.jpg

Then we got this acan from Phishy:
Red_Aussie_Acans.jpg

We also picked up a shaving brush for our lettuce nudibranchs to eat, and another purple anemone crab since the last one died from an ammonia spike in the 14g nano it was in.

OP
OP
Zoalover34

Zoalover34

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awsome looking stuff as usual from you 2 Kev! Im on the search for a fish tonight or tomorrow so well see what I end up with! I just picked up a nice mini-colony of RPE's and some green implosions I think.. Ill post pics later!

mevstheworld

Salt Creep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice stuff guys. I managed to scrap up up some new ones Friday at the C-SEA meeting.
Tyree Sunset Monti
CIMG6473.jpg

Super Pink Goldburst on a candycane
CIMG6453.jpg

And 3 Nuclear Greens (no pic)

msman825

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very nice score fellars, not close to ohio area but always nice to see new stuff

OP
OP
Zoalover34

Zoalover34

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was up at Two turtles for over a month.. Hes pretty fat and I highly doubt they have a large pod population in there tanks lol.. I also picked up some rods food and he was eating that pretty well! I think im gonna feed the tank twice a day now just cut my feedings in half so im not feeding more..

vietcu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that mandarin is going to die. You have a 40 with not enough LR to support it. You are going to need to buy pods to throw in there every couple of days. Hope you know that.

OP
OP
Zoalover34

Zoalover34

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually I have a 29.. And he's eating frozen food, I have feed 2 times allready and hes ate both times.. Hes been at the store for over a month like I said and hes still fat.. I really doubt the pet store has enough pods for a mandrian to stay this fat..

Last edited:

jefftrout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same spotted mandain in my tank.He doesnt eat anthing but live food.My tank is well established.I got mine from salty critter they have them all the time.($30)I have tried them from other store with no luck.

Nate82

Paitence Sucks...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that mandarin is going to die. You have a 40 with not enough LR to support it. You are going to need to buy pods to throw in there every couple of days. Hope you know that.

clearly you don't know him and had nothing constructive to say at all? so why post? you say hope you know that as if you know all and you know nothing of his tank or even the specific fish which eats frozen the forums are for constructive criticism not just criticism

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back